Shadows

The next morning I wake up first. 

I carefully remove Aleksander's arm and climb out of the bed.

I pick my black kefta up and slip it on as I open the door and head to Armis's room.

I knock three times and hear a groggy, "come in."

Armis is sitting up in the bed, hair everywhere, looking like she just walked through a tornado.

"Did you sleep well, princess?"

She nods slowly, still trying to wake herself up, then she seems to remember something.

"How did you sleep?" she questions with a suggestive look

"Just fine, thank you for asking."

She rolls her eyes," You know what I mean."

"There might've been some cuddling-"

she cuts me off with a screech, vaguely reminding me of the volcra," You cuddled with him?"

"Is that not the correct word?" I ask confused.

She laughs again.

"If you would stop laughing at me, we need to get ready, we're getting close."

She huffs, but gets out of bed and starts to brush her hair.

I leave her room and head to where the carriages are situated, the driver is already there, which makes me happy. At least someone has their priorities straight.

15 minutes later and everyone is ready, I informed the driver of the direction we should travel.

Judging by how far away she is, it would seem that it should only take us an hour or two to reach her, or should I say them, since I'm now sure that she's traveling with Mal.

I open the door to the carriage and only Aleksander is there.

"Where's David?"

"In the other carriage," he informs me with a smile.

I  hesitantly sit down beside him.

As the carriage begins to move I notice our hands are right next to each other.

Subconsciously I fell my hand move closer to his. I look down and see him move his hand closer too.

I move my hand closer, and now our pinkies are touching. I look out of the window, watching the beautifully frozen trees as they pass. 

In a fluid movement I feel Aleksander grab my hand, our fingers interlock, but we both continue to stare out of the windows.

Eventually the rhythmic click-clack of the wheels , lull me to sleep.

When I wake I feel someone gently playing with my hair.

I realize my head is in Aleksander's lap and he is playing with my hair.

I yawn, and he leans down and whispers in my ear," You look adorable when you're asleep."

"So I look ugly the rest of the time?" I ask sitting up and yawning again.

"That's not what- you look great, all the time."

"Wow you're such a flirt Leksy."

"What did you just call me?"

"Leksy, cause your name is A-leks-ander so I jus-"

I get cut off when his lips crash into mine. 

My eyes widen, but then I close them and melt into the kiss.

A few seconds later he breaks the kiss, I stare at him.

"What was that about?"

He chuckles," Sorry, it's just no one has ever given me a nickname before."

"Please don't apologize that makes me feel like the kiss was bad."

His eyes widen," No not at all."

I feel my face heat up and I turn to look out of the window.

I reach out to figure out if we're headed the right direction, when I sense my shadows, only about 200 feet to my right.

"STOP THE CARRIAGE."

***************************

I feel like it might've been a little rushed but i can't think of any other way so deal with it.

:)