Chapter 28

Elena was filling out her college application to start sending them out. She was scared that she wouldn't get in to any that she wanted to go to and she knew that she had to be reasonable because of Evie. And she also knew there was always the chance of a college denying her because of Evie. And she really hoped that she had least got one that was willing to accept her.

She was sitting on the bed finishing her last one when there was a knock at the door. "Come in."

Nora opened the door leaning her head against the door way.  She knew that this was a stressful time for her little cousin. And she wondered how she was taking everyhing. She was also wondering what Elena was going to want to do how things were going to end up. "How you doing?"

She knew there was more to the question her cousin had more that she wanted to ask. And she was curious to what it was.  "There is always more than how you doing with you Nora."

"We need to talk." Nora knew that this was all complicated but they needed a game plan for what they were going to do. They couldn't possibly wing everything that never worked to well.

"Ok." She shut her laptop looking up at her cousin she knew something was bothering her. She just wasn't sure what it was. "What's wrong?"

"Your going off to college soon. Or in a year." She knew that Elena hadn't thought that far but evenually they needed to think ahead so they could make these decisions ahead of time.

"If i get in." Elena reminded it wasn't guarenteed that she was going to even get in.

"If not we can pay for your schooling." Nora knew that she wanted to do more than high school and she would help her to acheive that goal. She would help anyone to achieve it.

"There's more Nora your tense." She knew her cousin and she was avoiding saying what she wanted to.

"Are you gonna stay here or move?"  She knew that Elena didn't know what she wanted to do yet. And probably hadn't evne thought that far to what she wanted to do. But they were going to have to start thinking that far.

"I hadn't actually thought of that." She had figured that she would get a dorm but now with all the changes she was actually no longer sure what she wanted to do. "Trying to balance school a baby a healthy relationship i was trying to focus on finishing high school first. I still have a year."

"I know"

"But-"

"I don't want you to go but i don't want to keep you here either especially since you have your own family."

Elena sat up on her bed. "Nora you will always be my family. Just cause i have a kid or if i have more or cause i am in a relationship with someone. That will never change."

"You make this so hard." Nora had also had more that she had to say.

"Am not." She wasn't trying to make this hard. It just wasn't a topic that she had spent much time thinking about.

"Yes you are." Nora went and sat at the edge of her bed. Knowing that Elena was about to have a comment for what she was about t say next. She always did. "I talked to your parents and they are deciding what is going to happen when they do have to send you kids on your way."

"What's the verdict?" Elena wondered what her parents were going to do when they all were going to go off to college.

"There buying Katherine an apartment. Hayley is also getting one. They wanted to start looking at houses for you." She understood why especially since Elena already had a family of her own.

"Why do they get an apartment and i get a hosue?" She didn't want to sound like she was complaining but the things she got always varied because she had Evie.

"Your mad because you get better." Nora knew her cousin was something else but she understood where she was coming from.

"Nora." Elena scolded she knew that her cousin had a point but she had a bad way of putting everything.

"They also talked to Esther and assuming that you two stay together which we have no doubt that the two of you will." None of them ever had a doubt that there relationship was going to last forever. No one could see them ever breaking up."There going to go half on one for your new family."

"Really?" She should have really seen that coming Esther did have more money than she knew what to do with so it did make sense.

Nora nodded smiling to her little cousin. She knew that changed things a little."So there actually being cheap with you because you know Esther is going to push to pay more."

Elena chuckled lightly she guess that was right her parents were being cheap with her and spending more on the others. "I guess you are right about that."

"You worried about getting in." Nora didn't even need to ask she knew what the answer was. She was scared that she wasn't going to get in. But Nora knew that her cousin was going to get in they couldn't all deny her and they couldn't use Evie as an excuse.

"I have a baby i am not exactly a prime Canidate." She hated that people looked at her differently just because she had Evie that didn't say anything about who she was.

"It doesn't matter your grades are good you stay up on your work you earned it." She did earn it and ay college would be crazy to try and deny her and she knew that. Elena had tried so hard and she had succeded.

"Ugh i hate when your right." She had always hated when her cousin was right and she was just over exageratting about something.

"I hate when your right." Nora countered it hurt especially since she was older than Elena and she was a lawyer so it hurt her ego a little.

"I know." Everyone hated when she proved them wrong that was something that she was used to.

"Hey!"

She smiled shaking her head she needed to get back to the applications they were going to be due soon. And she had things that she had to do."Anything else i need to finish this application then wake her up from her nap i am going out with Caroline and Hayley and Kol is watching Evie."

"Don't do anything your not supposed to do." She knew because she was the adult in the house she was supposed to constantly say things like that. "I'm pretty sure i am supposed to say that."

"I won't i have baby i don't drink and Caroline is going to spend the whole night angry because she does not have Jordan." She already knew how it was going to go she was prepared she knew that Caroline was about to sulk all night. And that was not something that she could change. Caroline still needed to get used to being away from Jordan.

"You have a point there." Nora understood Caroline not liking being away from him after everything that had happened latley.

"I will be spending the whole night texting my boyfriend." She knew that Caroline was going to be no fun and Hayley would be doing her own thing all the night. But they each needed to do something.

"Girls night no guys allowed." Nora reminded her cousin really needed to learn how to have more fun. And talking to her boyfriend all night was not it.

Elena rolled her eyes it's not like she was going to be able to really do anything. She'd play with Hayley and then they would do their own things."He won't be there."

"You'll be talking to him that's enough have fun."

"I will."