A Quick Stop

I have been mindlessly walking for hours now. No one knows I'm homeless because I don't look it. I have some normal clothes and my backpack. I don't have much in it anyway I look normal. I'm over thinking this. Just walk into any 24 hour place and stay there. Just not suspiciously. I look around to see where I am and I find a library. I go inside the library and I see a librarian a the front desk and some other people browsing. I decide to go upstairs and take a room for three hours. After I asked if that was alright. I walk in and close the blinds. I lock the door to keep safe and put my backpack on the ground. I lay my head in my backpack and relax my body fully on the floor. I set a timer on my phone to go off ten minutes before my three hours are up. I kept the lights on so people know I'm in here. On the library computer I play some elevator music to keep it from being too quiet.

I cover my eyes with my arm and go to sleep quickly. My alarm rang but it wasn't for time. It was the school alarm. We are supposed to show up for morning meetings on the weekends to make sure everyone is accounted for and one at  ten at night, that's the curfew. I didn't show for the morning one and now my phone is going off. I shut the alarm off and turned off my location just in case I was being tracked and went back to sleep. I slept soundly too. My alarm went off and I got up and turned the music off. I didn't touch the blinds I left them closed. I unlocked the door and walked out. It sounded unusually quiet. There was no noise. I heard no sipping, children, pens clicking, computer typing, or book flipping. There was nothing. I walk downstairs with pain shooting up my back. My burn. How bad did he burn me? I caught the railing before I fell not wanting to repeat what happened yesterday. Yesterday..

I make it down the stairs slowly and pick up the speed as the pain went away. I walked out the library and my stomach growled super loud. Not now body. We need to figure this out before we never pick up a fork again. I look before darting around the corner and started walking normally. I seen cars drive by and people walking and talking so I figured I was just paranoid. I shrugged it off when suddenly a sly but obviously experienced person touches my shoulder. "Awfully quiet in that library huh?" Said the low but shaky voice. I nodded not looking at the person. I kept walking. My back felt horrible butI kept pushing. "I'm here to ask you a favor. You are being rude little Raven." They told me. "My name isn't Raven" I said cautiously, "Please don't call me that." I told him. "What's your name then?" He asked. "Not raven." I replied angrily. I don't know who he is and why he knows about the library. I don't care though. I'm not a hero I'm not going to stick my nose where it doesn't belong. It aggravates me that he wants to call me names and joke after what he just told me. What does he even want from me? Sex? Cash? Accomplice? "What do you want?" I finally asked. "I can tell you that later. But for now your shirt has a ton of blood on it. You are headed toward a dead end. And you are obviously faking tough. Just follow me it will be a quick stop." He told me reaching his hand out. I stop walking and turn around to face him. His hair was almost a baby blue. I couldn't see his face it was covered by some wired hand mask. His arm still reached out to me while told me not to be afraid and that I was safe. "You're eyes look so weary." He told me "Come with me." He offered. He just wouldn't give up. I looked at him. His face began to blur and one person became two and two became one again. "You don't look very peppy there.." he said walking closer. I still haven't answered him. He came close and I leaned into his chest, by breath getting heavier and heavier. He turned his back to me and lowered himself. I leaned over his back as he lifted me. "Trust me." He said "just a quick stop." My eyes began to get heavy as he walked. I started to drift to sleep again. This time I felt the blood trickle down my back through my soaked bandages. A quick stop? I don't have a choice right.. My eyes close and I was engulfed by the darkness I desperately tried to keep away.

I woke up on a brown couch in a dark room. My back hurt so much I couldn't move. I was laid on my stomach and new bandages were applied. I could tell because my back felt tight. My old bandages lay on the floor in front of me, soaked in my blood and puss. The burn was infected. I dont know what Kaccan poured on me. I assumed it was rubbing alcohol the way it burned and smelled. Maybe it wasn't. "Hello there, Izuku Midoriya." Said the shaky voice. I was trying to comprehend how he knew my name. My backpack. He must have went through my things. I laid there not saying anything. "Izuku or Midoriya what shall I call u?" He asked turning on the light. "Neither." I replied bluntly tracing his movement. He walked closer to me and sat by my bandages. He took his mask off and I saw his wrinkled face. "I'm trying to be patient," he warned "but I'd don't think I can much longer If you don't cooperate." I looked at him. My eyes felt as if they were watering. I dare not cry in front of a stranger. "What should I call you??" He said angrily looking straight at me. I looked at his dry lips and wondered how he had the confidence to speak to me with such tenacity. I laughed looking dead at at his dry lips. My eyes glossy with tears that threatened to fall with every chuckle. He stood raising his hand to strike me. As he stopped himself he said "You look familiar. I merely asked you here because I saw how helpless you looked and wanted to help. I hate helping people but your gaze reminded me of how I used to be. Just now though I realize why you look so glum. Izuku Midoriya from....." he trailed off looking at my ID he placed on the table. "...U.A. High?" He said quite confident he would get an answer. I looked at him coldly as he stated the name of the school.
"Oh struck a nerve did I?" He said looking at me. "What is is it to you? Who cares? No one just you." I said trying to aggravate him as he did me. "I like you. You have guts." He told me looking very impressed with me. "You are mistaken." I told him resting my head back on the couch. "Join me" he said walking back to sit with me. "Help me punish the ones they call hero's." This struck me. The ones they call...heros? "Why?" I asked looking at him directly. "I like you. I need more people like you." He told me honestly. I could tell he was desperate. I couldn't trust him fully. Realizing my situation with my injured back, I need him for now. "Give me some time to think about it" I told him shifting my gaze to the floor. I already knew my answer. Of course I'd FUCKING join. I never thought of seeking revenge. Never.

"Sure but I'm busy. Tell the answer to my other workers that have been taking care of you. I'll give the names," he said slipping me a small squares paper. "Try to guess who they are." He said grunting as he stood up and left. Of course I will. I thought to myself as I looked at each name. I will remember them..