Chapter 5

-Nico's P.O.V-

I sat on Amber's chair and for the last 30 minutes, I have been explaining to her about demigods. She took it all surprisingly well.

The first thing she did when I told her to pack was grab a couple herbs from her garden she mashed then in her stone bowl and filled a small glass bottle.

After, she threw a backpack on her bed and started stuffing clothes into it, most consisted of long sleeves and hoodies, Jeans and leggings, then she opened a new drawer in her dresser grabbed a large black book some pencils and stuffed it in.

I talked the whole time about camp half blood trying to tell her as much as possible. Nothing I said seemed to surprise her. She would just nod her head and say nice at odd times. Finally she stopped packing and turned to look at me.

"I just have one more thing to grab. Do you think you could start making your way to the back yard." I nodded my head and got up.

I walked the flights of stairs and entered the back yard. Not a minute later Amber walked out of the door.

She had the same long sleeve on but it was covered by a leather jacket, she had threw up her hair into a messy bun, and put combat boots on her feet. She looked amazing.

Stop that. Stop right now, she definitely does not look amazing. Stop.

I tried to put up my shield to protect myself from emotions but I couldn't. Even when I tried to scowl or talk bitterly I couldn't. Maybe she was messing with me.

"So how are we getting to camp" I asked trying to act cool.

"Before we go you have to promise. No matter what, how I get you there is a secret. You can't tell anyone!" She shot me a look that said question me, you die. I wasn't sure what she meant by that but I agreed any way.

"Yea sure I swear on the river Styx I won't tell anybody how you got me to camp" she looked at me doubtfully. I remembered she didn't know what the river Styx was. " that's the most sacred promise you could make if I break it I will probably die some horrible death, slowly and painfully." I explained. She nodded.

"Two more things. One, do you think you could find a flower on my guarded that you have at your camp" I nodded. A flower? What does a flower have to do with getting to camp half blood?

Looking around I saw a tulip just like the one beside the volleyball court. I walked over to it.

"This one" I exclaimed. She walked over and stood on the opposite side of the white and orange flower.

"Good now. When we get there you'll have to do me a favor." she reached into the pocket of her coat and pulled out the glass bottle I saw her make earlier. "make sure I drink this! This is very important, I must drink this." she handed me the bottle.

"Ok" I gulped down my doubts. I am starting to think this girl is a nut job.

"One last thing and we can leave. Picture the camp in your mind. The exact place this flower is make sure you can see every detail." I did exactly as she said.

I still don't understand how any of this is going to help us get to camp half blood.

"Ok. Keep picturing it no matter what, and I'm sorry"

Amber grabbed my hand. I was about to pull away and yell at her about how I don't like to be touched. But a brilliant light covered me.

I don't know how to describe how it felt but it was they exact opposite of shadow travel. Warmth spread across my body and I heard sweet voices whispering in my ear.

Your so nice
Oh so pretty
Lovely
You smell wonderful.
Your so smart
How handsome
Nice young man

The voices where so welcoming so loving I almost let go. Almost let got of Ambers hand and forgot about the camp. I felt a squeeze in my left hand, the one amber was holding, I looked over at her.

Ambers expression was pained but there was a clear message on her face said. Don't lesson don't let go.

I focused harder on the camp. And then it was all over.

I stumbled when my feet hit the ground. The warmth of the voices completely gone all that remained was Ambers soft hand on mine.

I looked up and saw about 15 kids looking at us in awe. They had stopped in the middle of there volleyball game. Most people were used to me coming out of the shadows but there weren't any shadows. None.

Only brilliant sunlight and a flower patch.

"Oh" Ambers pained cry shook me from my trance. She slumped to the ground. Unconscious.

"Quick get a medic" I yelled at the campers. Two teens stepped forward both Apollo campers. They rushed over and started looking for a pulse. I remembered what Amber had said to me.

I ripped the bottles cap off and poured the pink liquid into her mouth. One second passed, two, three, four. Her eyes fluttered opened.

By now there was a huge crowd of campers surrounding us and I saw Percy and Anabeth pushing there way to the front.

"N-Nico" I looked down at Amber. She had propped her self up so she sat on her butt. Her black leggings where a little dirty.

"Yeah?" She leaned into my ear and whispered.

"T-there are a l-lot of p-people here. C-could you a-ask them to l-leave. I'm n-not good with p-people." she started to stutter. It was kind of cute. I got up and looked at the crowd giving them my best: I am going to kill you face.

"Hey! Get out of here! Nothing to see!Go!" All the campers scurried away in a hurry. Except Anabeth and Percy. They started helping Amber to her feet. But when Percy reached to grab her she flinched and tried to scoot away from him.

"How? How did you do that with the.... and the...." then I remembered I wasn't supposed to say anything.

"Are you ok" Anabeth asked. Amber nodded but kept looking at the ground. She tried to make herself small and unnoticed, it didn't work.