Chapter 24

Amber's POV

As Nico reached me the game started, campers scurried in every direction trying to reach there designated positions.

"What's the plan"? I curiously asked Nico. His smile only grew in size as he grabbed my small hand in his. Making a slight pink tint hit my cheeks.

"We're just going to wing it." He told me, then tugged me along the faintly worn out path, in the far distance to our left we could hear the rage of the battle.

The loud noise making our heavy footsteps seem like feathers falling in the grass.

I'd like to say that I wasn't nervous, but I don't want to lie. My stomach felt like a boxing bag after practice. My palms slightly sweaty, and my breathing was ragged, but maybe that was from the intense run me and Nico where making.

And it wasn't until my feet splashed threw the river, that marked the border of the two teams sides, that I awoke from my day dreaming.

As we crossed the boarder I felt something inside me shift, like a tug in my gut dragging me towards the far right of the forest. There was something about the aura that I recognized.

"Poison oak" I breathed out, so low I'm not even sure Nico heard me. Nico tugged on my hand leading me left, I glance in the direction he is trying to pull me and see gold sparkles littering the beaten down path.

"Nico stop" I tell him, yanking back my hand, he looks at me confused.

"Amber come on they obviously went this way, the grass is freshly beaten down". He tells me.

"Yeah but don't you see the gold trial covering it" I question him. He looks back at me as if I had spoken another language.

"What gold trial" he questions. But instead of answering I slightly walked to wear the gold dust seemed to start and placed my palm flat in the ground, making a strangled gasp when black and white images flashed threw my mind.

I saw a group of people, Annabeth in the front of them, Percy by her side. She was telling them all something, the crowed parted and Jason stepped out holding the flag.

Annabeth pointed at one person, them being from the demetar cabin. She told them something and they nodded and headed down the path Nico was trying to take me. As they went they wielded the grass to look as if a 100 people had walked the path.

But everyone else went in the direction I wanted to go, the demetar cabin staying in the back and as the head was beaten down they grew it back, making it look as if no one had walked that way. I was then released from the vision.

"Nico I know you think it's that way but trust me, it's this way" he hesitantly glanced back and forth between the two paths before nodding and following me down my path.

We seemed to run for ever before I felt another tug in my gut, I skidded to a stop making Nico crash into me. I looked around.

We where standing on a dirt path, the path opened up just a few feet ahead, the bushes on both sides of the path seemed off to me.

"Why'd we stop" asked Nico, I looked around and to both our left and right, was the gold dust. I walked over and placed my hand down. Again black and white images ran threw my mind.

The group of campers with the flag stopped, Annabeth started telling them something. The demeater cabin nodded and everyone but them crossed the path.

Ass the demetar cabin crosses they started to grow plants, veins fly traps. But they where a little to big for them to eat flys, they where to stop demigods from getting past. As the demetar kids ran off into the bushes the vision faded.