Chapter 22

-Ambers POV-

I woke up screaming.

I couldn't see anything but I knew I was in Nico's cabin. I shoved my hand over my mouth and stopped my scream. If I kept up like that I would wake everyone up, not a good idea.

But I did wake up Nico. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him shoot right up out of his makeshift bed. Eyes wild with fear. His hand flying to where he kept his sword. He looked around the room till his eyes fell on me.

I was shaking, I tried rocking myself back and forth but it wasn't working. I choked back my screams, tears fell hard down my face. I brang my legs up and pulled them into my chest.

"Amber? Are you ok?" Nico's voice filled with concern, I tried to avoid looking at him. I couldn't let him see me like this. I nodded my head to single everything was fine. But it wasn't.

"No your not, don't lie to me" he says. Crawling out of his bed he makes his way over to me. I try to avoid looking at him as he sits at the end of the bed. Shifting myself so he isn't right in front of me.

"It's ok, it's fine, it was just a dream" he whispers in a sweat tone. I shake my head.

"No" I manage to choke out. I continue to shake my head trying to hold back my screams.

"What?" Asks Nico, he extends his hand and gently pats my back. Acting as if I was contagious with a deadly virus.

"There not just dreams, they never are. Its all real, there real, he's real, its real." I mumble into my knees. Which are pulled up to my chest and my face is resting on them.

"Who? Amber you can tell me" he moves a little closer and wraps his arms around me protectively.

I slide closer to him, his warm embrace spreads throughout my body. Soon I am sitting in his lap, my head baried in his chest. I cry into his shirt, Nico softly stroking my hair.

The thick smell of pomegranate flowing off him, but I don't mind. His shirts smooth fabric tingles my fingers as I grasp a clump in my hand, making sure he's real. His arms wrap around my waist, cold hands touch a section of bare skin sending shivers up my back. I move my head from his chest to rest on his shoulder. My eyes start to grow heavy again. But I force them open, we stay in this position for what felt like and eternity but was probably 30min.

"Stay" I whisper into his ear. He seems to understand, he gently lays me back onto the bed and crawls in beside me.

I rest my head on his chest and he wraps his arms around my waist. I snuggle in close with him. Lessening to the sweet sound of his heart beat, wanting it to be the last thing I hear tonight, and the first in the morning.

**********************

Bang bang bang

"Open this gods forsaken door" I hear someone yell. My eyes flicker open and i notice I'm not in bunker 9. No I'm in a dark cabin with Nico, who I'm curled up against.

He groggily sits up. Then at the same time as me jolts out of bed. A shudder passes through my body, aching for his touch again.

"Nico open the door" I hear Percy's voice on the other end. the banging sound continues. I catch a glimpse of sunlight trying to make is way threw Nico's closed curtains.

"Oh gods if they find you here I will never hear the end of it, well get in trouble." Nico started rambling on in a hushed voice. I glance around the room. Trying to find a place to hide.

"Just act natural and get them out of here as fast as possible." I hiss at him.

"Nico what's going on in there open the door" I hear Annabeth yell. I glance at the bed and crawl underneath it, winking at Nico. An understand passes between us.

Im not here. And get them out as fast as possible.

I can't see much but I see Nico walk over and open the door. Four very angry demigods look back at him. Annabeth is the first to speak.

"Nico where is your shirt" she asks. Nico face goes bright red he looks down to reveal he has nothing but his pants on. He slams the door in there face. I'm pretty sure when i fell asleep with Nico he had a shirt on. Must of taken it off later.

As he makes his way over to the closet the rest walk in. Percy, Annabeth, Piper, and Leo. I watch in horror as Piper, Percy and Annabeth sit on top of the bed I am under. While Leo sits on the floor. All it would take is one glance over and he would see me.

Oh gods

"What do you want" ask Nico he has now threw on a black skull shirt. I shot a nervous glance at Leo, something was wrong. He wasn't fidgeting or smirking, his saddened face plastered on the floor.

"Oh nothing much" Piper said innocently, something was up.

"Just came to visit" Percy said, trying, and failing, to copy Pipers innocent tone.

"Sure " Nico said sarcastically. He sat down on the bed across from the one they where on, the one I was under. He never even glanced in my direction.

"So, how's Amber" Anmabeth says out of the blue. That shocked me, I look at Nico's expressionless face.

"Why do you ask" he says skeptically. Obviously as confused as me.

"Oh no reason, you two seem to be getting along very well." Percy says in a sing song voice. I almost choked. Nico just shrugged, like he never thought of the matter.

"Yeah sure now could you guys leave" he asks in a grouchy manner. My heart was pounding in my chest and I was a little nervous. They had come all this way to talk to Nico about me, did Nico like me? No he would never.

"Nope" Leo finally spoke.

"Why don't you tell us your true feelings about Amber" Piper says, my mind felt a little fuzzy and I wanted to talk about my self for some reason. She's using charm speak.

"Ummm, no" Nico replied flatly. Obviously not fazed by her question. Although I couldn't see Piper Annabeth or Percy I did see Leo. He looked a little unsettled at being here. Be pursed his lips but still sat there.

"Come on, we all know your in love" Percy said singing the last word. My mind starts to go numb. Nico, like me? Haha very funny guys. They probably knew I was under the bed.

"Yeah, the first day you came back with her you had your shield down, remember? And I felt strong feelings coming off you" Piper says.

"Yeah, and you to hang out, a lot" Percy stated agreeing with Pipers comment.

"What no we don't, she spends all her free time with Leo, so if anyone likes her it's him" Nico says loosing his cool for a moment. Leo didn't even look fazed by the comment.

"Leo, do you like Amber" Piper asks, her voice thick with charm speak.

"Yes, but not in that way. I as a best friend or little sister. That's what she is to me, we understand each other we're both-" but Leo stops himself. I knew what he was going to say, we're both broken. "into machinery" he finishes.

"See Nico, now admit you like Amber" Piper says still trying with her charm speak.

"If you three don't leave my cabin in the next three seconds, all hell will break lose, literally" remarks Nico, he still wouldn't look in my direction.

"Fine where leavening" Annabeth says. All three of them get up to leave. They walk out the door, once it closes I crawl out from under the bed.

"So.." I said. Trying and failing to make it not awkward. I wasn't sure but there might of been a faint pink on his cheeks.

"So..." he replied. His eyes would look anywhere but me.

"Don't lesson to then there just being mean, I mean where cool right" I ask him. He just nods and gives a ghost of a smile.

"See you later" he says.

"See you" I reply before walking out of the cabin. As I step down the steps I think about what the said. Did Nico actually like me? Is that even possible?

(An: I'm so sorry for al the author notes! But no more updates till after school starts to about 2 weeks! I'm sorry I just won't have wifi! There maybe one in between the two weeks but idk. Sorry)