Chapter 13

-Nico's POV-

Everyone was asking a billion questions. My mind was buzzing. I looked at Amber. She seemed scared and her hands started shaking.

Leo was trying to talk to her. Percy was yelling at Jason, Piper was talking to Annabeth, Frank and Hazel were starting to stop the fighting.

Slowly, Amber stood up. Her eyes where glazed and she was violently shaking. She brang her arms to her chest as if she was trying to cover herself. Her actions where slow, almost drunk like.

Then she collapsed, her eyes rolled up in her head and she slumped to the floor. I scrambled to my feet and rushed over to her. Everyone stopped talking.

I put my hand on her face and felt how cold it was, I felt a faint pulse on her neck and I saw how badly she was shaking.

I picked her up bridal style and walked over to the cabin door. The others followed. Nobody said a word as we walked to the
infirmary.

As I stepped through the door two Apollo campers took Amber from me and placed her on a near by bed. A curtain was thrown around her and I could no longer watch what was happening.

We were showed outside, making our way back to Percy's cabin. We sat down in our awkward circle in silence before Piper spoke.

"What happened"

"I don't know" said Annabeth, clearly annoyed she didn't have an answer.

I kept to my self because I knew. I knew exactly what was happening, all her bad memories came rushing back. She was facing them all right know, alone. I knew because it happens to me.

Something sets it off and you can't stop it. They come back fast an sharper. I get them sometimes, when I think about tartus. A shiver racked through my body and I was jolted out of my thoughts when Leo was yelling at me.

"Nico! Nico! You know something don't you. What's going on with Amber" I looked up into his eyes, he was holding back tears.

"You don't want to know" I say. The seven if them give me a look.

"What the hades of course I want to know" yelled Leo he was pacing around the room and playing with some gears.

"Nico what going on" Annabeth asks.

"You won't like what you hear" they continue to stare at me. Waiting for a response "its called a memory flood. Its bad"

"I used to get those" Hazel says but I cut her off.

"No" I say sharply, everybody staring at me "you would have flashbacks, memory floods are ten times worse. Yours were like re opening an old wound, this... this is like, re opening a wound that just healed and then lighting it on fire." I let my gaze fall in each one of them.

"How do you know" asked Annabeth. I suddenly find an interest in my shoes.

"Do you get them" asked Jason. No reply.

"You do, and there of tartus. Nico! How come you never told us" Annabeth yells. I continue to stare at me shoes.

"We could have helped you" Jason says. I look up and look him in the eyes.

"No! You can't, you can't help me or Amber. There is no stopping it, no comforting, nothing can make it better and they will NEVER go away. Me and Amber, where just hopeless causes"