Chapter 17

-Nico's POV-

Her hair smelled like flowers.

That is literally all I could think of after I left Amber with Will. I didn't understand why Will had acted the way he did but I didn't care.

I thought back to what Amber had said about my dad tormenting her since she was little. Why would he do that?

As I left the infirmary, I let my feet take me where they wanted. My mind trailed off and I thought about how I really felt about Amber.

Did I like her? Did I maybe want to be her friend? Did I want to be more then her friend?

I ended up outside the Hades cabin. I walked in and fell asleep right away. No dreams haunted me.

**********************

( time skip to next day and after breakfast cause I be lazy)

Why wasn't Amber at breakfast? Was something wrong?

I found her sitting on top of the Hermes cabin just thinking.

"Hey" I called up to her. She looked down. Her long dirty blond hair creased her face. She whore it down today, I like it down.

Her boots where plastered with mud and her jeans where ripped. She had a camp t on with a jean jacket over top. Carefully she claimed down off the roof and faced me.

She smiled sweetly. Her cherry lips where close to mine, I wanted so bad to close the space between us.

"Hey yourself" she said. Giving me a small friendly push. I notice she had a small red bow in her hair it looked so natural, like it was meant to be there .

"Nico bow" I said with a smirk on my face. I saw her eyes brighten at mention of it. The green in them came to the front and the light of the sun reflows in her pupils. Basically she looked amazing.

"Really you think so. Cause I wasn't quite sure it was my style." she plucked the bow out of her hair and instantly it turned into a sword.

It was smaller then mine but fit her perfectly. Incrusted in the handle where designs of roses. The sword was balanced and just the right length for her. But was really caught my attention was what it was made of.

Stygian iron. Just like mine!

"Where did you get it" I asked totally shocked. She looked up into my eyes. That's right looked up, she was significantly shorted then me, maybe a foot.

"Yesterday when I got back to my bed it was there and a note was left" she reached into her pocket and pulled out a crumpled note. Then handed the yellow paper to me, I unfolded the paper and read it.

Dearest daughter,

I'm truly sorry I couldn't give this to you in person. I am so busy at the moment. I've been watching over you, try to do something worth my time. Don't worry I'll probably claim you (if I don't forget).

Love always
Me

If I don't forget, that's a little harsh if you ask me. Pun not intended.

"Wow" was all I said I looked up from the letter and into Ambers hazel eyes. The green in them trying to make there way to the front again.

"What's wrong" she asked.

"It's just. Stygian iron is impossible to get. Only hades can retrieve it from the underworld. Therefore usually only his children use the metal for weapons" I say. Gods I hope Ambers father isn't Hades. That would make what I wanted to do really bad.

"Oh. Well maybe my parent bought it off him or he owed them a favor, cause I really don't think my godly parent is Hades." she looked up into my eyes. I realized how close we where standing and I took a step back. I felt a little blush creep up my face.

"Hey why don't we go practice with your new sword" I asked. She nodded. So I spent the rest of the day with her.

Score.

She was amazing at sword fighting almost as good as me and Percy. We trained non stop.

As I went back to my cabin to sleep I thought about Amber.

She makes me happy, real happy, I seem to make her happy too. But I can't do anything until we find out who her godly parent is.

(A/n: just a quick question should I add a huge quest in this book or would it be better if its just how amber lives in camp? I have a plan for both ways so comment here which one you think or else I wont really know what to do next)