Chapter 25

Ambers POV

Like the storm of dark clouds that was forming around the edge of the camp, I was sparking. Eager to get on with what I knew would be the most eventful fight during this game.

Yet, no matter how much I wished we could get on with it, the moment had not come to fight. We just stared, grinning, at each other, you could feel the electricity in the air, but maybe that was just Jason up to his old tricks.

It didn't bother me though, the electric feeling from the brewing storm only seemed to energize me. In the silence that had taken us I knew I would have to be the one to break it.

"Funny seeing you here, I would have thought Anabeth would be smarter then to leave the flag basically unguarded." I stated jokingly allowing the grin to from on my face.

Percy gave me a half hearted smile, the determination in his eyes.

"Well what do you say Jason, I take right you take left" Percy asked Jason, throwing my comment to the side. Jason glanced between me and Nico, before replying.

"Sounds perfect"

After those words slipped off Jason's tongue Percy lunged for  me, barely allowing me to raise my blade and block his blow. He had used enough force to push me back, my feet sliding across the dirt and dead leaves.

After Percy had taken the weight off his attack I quickly scanned my surroundings for any part of the forest that would be helpful. Nothing major stood out, a few roots sticking out of the ground, couple twigs, and a mud puddle.

I focused back on Percy who was taking another swing at me, I dodged, but took a jab for his leg, he barely moved in time.

Percy took another swing at my head, with such force.

"Are you trying to chop my head off" I snap at him, while taking yet another step back, putting more distance between me and the flag.

"It's a game, at least put in some effort" he replies, giving me an award winning smile and a nasty cut on the top of my knee, I watched a slight trickle of blood leak from the cut.

And so it continued, we fought for what felt like forever, slashing and hacking at each other, until we where both utterly exhausted.

I could still hear the clang of Nico and Jason's swords, and the far off distant battle cries, the atmosphere seemed as though it would rain, but I know that the weather can't be effected inside the camp by the outside. The storm would just go around.

Percy took a weak swing, I barely blocked it, it was becoming evident that we were growing tired. Barely managing to attack or defend, it seemed the winner of this battle would be how ever stood up the longest.

I thought I was done for, a goner, Percy punched me and I stumbled, it took every thing in me not to fall, but then I felt a cold wet drop of liquid on me.

"Did u just spit on me" I snap at Percy, his eyebrows furrow in confusion, and he cocks his head slightly.

"No" then his eyes go round, more liquid hit my body and I realized it was raining, I grin broke out on Percy's face, as he relaxed, soaking in the water.

This rain was to his advantage, but for some reason i felt something as every drop hit my body, like a pulse of energy, weak at first but the harder the rain fell the stronger it got.

As if I was being shot with caffeine, and on steroids but with out the negative after effects, I felt as though I was being re born, like I had just awoken from the most rejuvenating nap.

I was more empowered then I ever have been. My attention focused back on Percy as he smiled at me. 

"Today just isn't your day" he tsk's, with shocking recovery pace he lunged at me. But I bring my sword up, knocking his right out of his hand and then lunging it far off into the bushes, I knee him in his gut and shove him into a tree.

I must have been hallucinating but I swear a branch of the tree seemed to grab a hold of him. Percy was caught, he vigorously tugged to escape his trapped arm, but to no avail.

He looked back at me in shock after realizing it was no use.

"Looks like your not the only one to like water" I tell him, giving I'm a mocking solute I sprint towards the flag, taking a quick glance in Nico's direction.

His fight with Jason seemed evenly matched, and Nico seemed to be just barely winning. But it wasn't my position to interfere, I need the flag.

I grabbed it, sprinting in the direction I needed to go, the sound of battle grew louder and closer, I stumbled into a clearing were the two teams seemed to be fighting each other.

"Grab her she has the flag " someone's voice rang out threw the clearing all heads turned to me, campers from the opposite team ran in my direction. I went to turn back but more campers came out of the bushes, I faced forward and charged the crowd that was forming to attack me.

Ducking and weaving under and threw many people all swing there swords at me, I even pulled a cartoon move where I allowed two people to run into each other.

I was almost across the river, only a few meters away in fact, the pounding of feet chasing me echoed threw out the forest, with my final energy boast I sprinted threw the water and to my teams side, a cheer broke out threw out all my teammates that had seen what happened.

Everyone was congratulating me, but the praise wouldn't last long.