Chapter 27

Nicos POV

Ambers face was that of utter shock, her mouth fell agape, but she quickly closed it. She stared at the women before her, as if taking in every detail of her.

"Oh now don't look at me like that" the women tsk'd. Amber blinked a few times, the stranger seemed bored and annoyed by Amber.

"You, you're my mother"? Questioned Amber, astounded. Her voice shook a bit, her eye brows pulled together in confusion.

"Don't be so surprised, you may not of inherited my good looks but I'm sure the hair is similar enough" spoke the women, she acted so posh and as if she were higher above everyone here, and she knew it.

"I-I don't understand" Amber voiced, shaking her head slightly. The women rolled he eyes, sighing deeply as if the mere thought of talking to Amber longer exhausted her.

"What's not to understand, gods you're stupidity only increases in person" remarked the women.

"I don't even know who you are" Amber snapped, the women pierced her lips in annoyance.

"My gods child use your brain, are you, or are you not, fond of flowers" she questioned. Amber looked even more confused, even I was unable to understand this women, no matter how familiar she seemed. 

"Yes"

"Do you thank maybe that has something to do with who your godly parent is?" Amber stayed quite at her words, the women's annoyed face grew. "UGHH fine! Let me spell it out for you, you have the power to control plants, you can teleport through them, you can sense other plant magic, when it rains you feel powerful, fire scares you, I mean who do you think made it rain inside the camp, who do you think implanted a plant themed game plan in Anabeths head. This is no coincident"

"I was wondering why the plan was almost solely based the the Demeter cabin" Anabeth whispered lowly.  The entire camp was watching astounded, fixated on Amber and the stranger.

Even Chiron couldn't talk, as if the women was controlling us, we couldn't interfere.

"Well obviously you, but who are you"? Amber questioned.

"Why don't you ask Nico, I'm sure he will figure it out sooner or later" the women explained.

The women looked over, peering into my eyes. I stared back at her, barely even able to blink. There seemed to be something in her eyes.

Hidden under the anger and menacing glare was almost a motherly love, a deep kindness this women did poses. That's when I knew exactly who Ambers mother is.

"But you have always been so, nice" I stutter out, flabbergasted.

"Nice, sweaty you of all people know the gods take different forms, ones that represent who they are, this is my form on a cloudy day, or perhaps during a forest fire." She smiles wickedly at me. I find it so hard to believe that this women could even be related to, neither mind the same person, as my step mom.

"Oh well now time to get along with the claiming of my only child" she sighed almost annoyed. Suddenly a bright light shone off Amber, making me have to squint to look at her.

Her hair, and clothes, all started to change till she was completely different looking. She now wore a long flower filled dress, that seemed to cascade across the ground. Her hair was done up in a perfect bun, with little Lily's placed threw out, and even her makeup was changed to match the tone of her dress.