Chapter 12

-Ambers P.O.V -

Leo had snuck me into the Hermes cabin, totally avoiding the harpies patrols. When I had walked into the cabin everyone had been asleep.

I quickly changed into a long black sleeve ( hey old habits die hard) and threw over my orange camp t shirt. Which Conner and Travis had "borrowed" for me. Picked a pair of light blue, pre ripped jeans and sat down in my corner.

All the cabin beds where full and only two other people slept on the floor with me. I pulled out my black sketch book and some pencils. I knew I was good at drawing, but I would never let anyone see my work.

It mostly consisted of flowers and my nightmares. I started working on a sketch of the Empire State Building when I saw Conner waking up.

He opened one eye, then the other. Without moving the rest of his body, he looked around the room. Then, slowly, he sat up. Looked over the edge of the bed, before throwing off the covers. Obviously satisfied with himself. He gave me a quick smile before heading off to the bathroom. About five minutes later Travis woke up, doing the same routine as Conner.

"Hey Amber what ya' drawing" he asked. I just gave a shrug hoping he wouldn't push it. I sat with my back against the wall so nobody could look over my shoulder at the art.

"Can I see" he asked. Travis reaches over and tried to grab the sketch book. But I quickly slammed it shut.

"No" I mutter before tucking it into my bag and zipping it up.

It took ten minutes for Conner and Travis to wake everyone up and get us to the mess hall. When we got there I wasn't really in the mood for food. I took some toast and a few grapes.

I saw Nico sit with the same two boys as yesterday, a blond with electric blue eyes, and the Percy kid. The two seemed to be in a heated conversation, while Nico just nibbled at his food.

I heard a horn, which signaled the end of breakfast. I scrambled out of my seat to get to my first "class".

I made my way out of the mess hall, past the cabins and down to the training area. I walked in on about ten kids standing around another older boy. As I got closer I realized it was Percy.

Great!

"You're late Amber" he called to me. I heard snickers from the other kids and gained some stares.

"partner up" called Percy. All the kids ran to there friends and I was left standing alone.

"Ok everyone practice your sparing while I get Amber a sword" instructed Percy. I followed him to a box out of the way of the training kids. We tried a few before finding one that was almost comfortable.

"You'll have to use this till we get you a real weapon." Percy tells me, I just nod my head. "and since everyone else has a partner I'll be training with you"

I don't know why, but, I felt liked he had planned this all along. I followed him back to the training area, the other kids had cleared the floor for there break. Percy showed me a few basic tricks before getting ready to spare.

"Ok Amber you ready" Percy asks. I nod, all the other kids had stayed out of our way but now they cleared the floor completely to give us space, and watch.

Percy lunged at me and I brang up my sword to deflect his blow, but he was strong i staggered backwards.

He swong again and I deflected it, he did this about three times before he sliced my cheek. I could feel the cool blood trickle down my neck.

I swong my sword at him but he blocked it easy. I felt weight on my tip of the sword before it was launched across the room. I stumbled back and fell on my butt, Percy sword pointed at my throat.