Chapter 18

-Ambers POV-

It's been two weeks. I have been at camp for two hole weeks. It's know June 24th.

Of course in the past few weeks I haven't been claimed, which sucks. Some kids give me death stares and hated glances but I don't understand why. Even Chiron gets agitated around me.

I am supposed to spend the nights in the Hermes cabin I usually spend them with Leo. I always hang around him and Nico. I truly enjoy there company.

At night I'm with Leo in bunker nine and at spare time I am at the forges with him. We talk about things, he has almost got the new demigod phone complete.

While in the day I train with Nico. I'm almost as good at sword fighter as him too. He and Percy have taken me under there wing and trained me.

I usually go and sneak in meetings with Will at breakfast, when everyone is busy. My problem is getting better and I feel happier know that I have come to camp.

Hades hasn't bothered me since I found out Nico was his son. But still I am haunted by nightmares. Most are of some mysterious shadow trying to kill me. Or the horrors I faced with Duncan.

I wake up screaming every night and Leo always comforts me. We talk a lot, about personal things. I told him about Duncan and how we got beat up. (leaving the part about how logan liked me out)

I told Leo about my problem and he told me about his mom and the war with Gae. How he had died and come back to life. Also how he had saved Calypso from the island. But when she got back she had some Olympus business.

He said she would be gone all summer and when she was done she would come right back. I was super happy for him.

Clang clang

The sound of metal on metal woke me from my trance. It took me a second to regain my bearing.

I was sitting in a big room. There are white marble columns lining walls stained with soot. Chimneys on the roof pump smoke over a gable with carvings of gods and monsters. I remember I was in the forges with Leo.

The forge is located at the edge of a stream, with waterwheels spinning bronze gears. You can always hear machinery working, fires crackling, and the sound of hammers against metal.

Inside are tables full of projects and weapons, and there was also a big wall map of the camp.

"Hey Amber you ok" asked Leo, concern in his eyes.

"Uhh? oh yeah. Why do you ask" Leo voice waking me from another trance.

"Well the dinner bell just rang and you didn't even flinch" I watch Leo set down his hammer, he used the back of his arm to wipe the sweat off his forehead. He was covered in grease stain and sweat, but that never bothers him.

He aproched me slowly and snapped his fingers in my face. I jumped up.

"Hey you zoned out again" he says with a laugh and his signature grin.

"Oh yeah, I'm just not hungry" I get up and walk out of the forges leaving Leo behind. I saw all the other campers make there way to the dinning pavilion.

I smiled as Annabeth came rushing up to me. Her blond hair flopping in her face.

"Have you seen Percy" she asks almost out of breath.

"Nope sorry, but try his cabin, last I heard he was there" she nods her head and runs off in the direction of the cabins. I smile to myself.

Annabeth and him are such a cute couple. I even think Piper and Jason are good together. But the best is Frank and Hazel, there just so natural. The only problem is that Jason travels a lot to camp Jupiter, and Frank and Hazel actually go there. You don't see much of them.