Chapter 19

-Nico's POV-

"Oh no you don't, you need all the blood you can get" remarks Will.

"Will I'm the only one who can save Percy" Amber yells at him. Raising her voice slightly.

"It's to dangerous" yells will.

"Percy might die" Amber yells back and much louder.

"You might die" yells Will trying to match Ambers level.

"That's a risk I'm willing to take" she screams topping anything Will could try

I wasn't quite sure what had happened, I didn't know how Percy got like he did or what Will and Amber had been talking about.

But I was worried about Amber, and Percy. Amber had just appeared at lunch with Percy. Out of nowhere, he had been bloody and beat. Ambers camp shirt tied around his wound.

I don't understand. After Will had taken Amber to give blood for Percy, Chiron had come and got us. He told us (Annabeth, Piper, Leo and me. Jason, Frank and Hazel were at camp Jupiter) to wait in dinning hall. But that had been an hour ago.

Still no news. Annabeths eyes were puffy and red, she has been crying non stop. Piper and Leo keep trying to comfort her. I just sat here playing with my skull ring.

I look over in the direction of the big house. My heart beats faster when I see Amber making her way over, Will close behind.

I see her stumble and Will try to catch her but she smacks his hand away. She walked like she was drunk, every time Will tried to help her she would push him away. As she got closer I realized how pale she was. Almost as pale as me, and her lips where the faintest tint of blue.

"Hey why so glum chums" asked Amber. The second Annabeth heard her voice she jumped up and hugged Amber. A pained expression crossed Ambers face before she hugged back.

"Hey it's ok, Percy will be fine" she said. Rubbing Anabeths back. A small sob escaped Annabeths mouth.

"Yeah. Wish I could say the same for you" will said, mumbling to himself. Amber shoots him a death glares.

"I'm perfectly fine" she says directing some anger towards Will.

"No your not, you have lost to much blood, and energy, your weak, and pale, you can barely walk, and you haven't eaten since-" suddenly Amber cut him off.

"Drop it solaces this isn't the time" she hissed at him. There was a moment of silence.

"Right" was all he said.

We walked over to the head table and sat down. Annabeth Leo and Piper on one side. Me will and Amber on the opposite side. I wonder what Will had been talking about.

"Amber what happened" asked Piper.

"Umm, well, Percy decided he wanted to play tag with the minotaur and he lost the game"

"The minotaur? gods Percy your so stupid" Annabeth said between snuffles.

"The horn went right threw Percy's left side. Thank gods it missed his organs. But he should be waking up soon if you want to go see him. And don't worry he will be fine, and all healed up for tomorrow." Will declares. Annabeth and Piper got up and made there way to the infirmary.

The rest of us just sat in awkward silence. The sun had set and curfew was in half an hour. As fast as lightning Amber pushed away from the table and started walking away.

"Where are you going" yelled will.

"The beach" hollered Amber over her shoulder.

"Oh no you don't" grumbled Will as he got up to go get her. Before he could I grabbed his arm.

"It's ok I'll go with her" I say. he nods his head and I jog after Amber. Okay so maybe I volunteered to go with Amber because I wanted some alone time but don't judge.

"What was that about" I ask. by the time I reached Amber she was already at the beach. The salty waves crashed on the shore. Nobody else was nearby, just us.

"Am I not good enough" I heard Amber say. Her hazel eyes searched mine. "I tried, I did my very best to make them proud. To do something worth there time. Am I just that awful." I didn't know what to say. I knew she was talking about her godly parent.

Amber and I stood only a few inches apart, she looked up into my eyes and I felt chills rack my body. oh how badly I wanted to close the distance between us. I took a step towards her.

"Amber-" I tried to think of something to reassure her, anything.

"I just killed the bloody minotaur, doesn't that count for something" I opened my mouth to reply but another voice answered for me.

"Ahh yes I remember when my son killed that beast. How proud I was, he did good. Then he did it a second time. What a story that is" I turned to the sound of the voice.

A man stood ankle deep in the water. He had black hair, a neatly trimmed beard, sea-green eyes, and a nice tan, as well as "smile crinkles" around his eyes and cheeks.

He whore Birkenstocks (leather sandals), khaki Bermuda shorts, and a shirt with coconuts and parrots on it, and a cap decorated with fishing lures that said "NEPTUNE'S LUCKY FISHING HAT.

"Poseidon" I say. He smiles at me.

"Ah yes, Nico di Angelo. A very smart demigod indeed. But I am here to speak with Amber." he smiled and turned to Amber, she looked a little shocked.

"Ar-are you my godly parent" she asked. Poseidon laughed.

As he laughed the waves around him seemed to slow there rage. The water calmed till it was like glass.

"No dear, I am here to thank you. Although it would be an honor to have you as my own. Alas you belong to another. She has been foolish not to claim you, always delaying the inedible ." Thunder rumbled in the distance.

"Ohh shut up" yelled Poseidon looking at the sky.

"She?" Asked Amber. Ambers question caught Poseidon off guard, he looked like he just gave a big secrete away, something he shouldn't have.

"Yes dear your mother, she took great care to insure your safety, pulled many favors of gods to help hide you from him. Me being one of the few who helped. I have watched over you. Me and some fellow gods have tried our hardest, concealing you. Avoiding monsters was difficult." His eyes saddened and the sea began to get more agitated

"you have had a difficult life, one worse then most demigods, even my own son. I do know why you fear my Percy so much."

"You do?" Amber asked fear in her voice, she took a fearful step back.

"Yes, although we hid you from monsters, we could not protect you from the mortals. But that is beyond the point I have come to give you this "

He reached into his shorts and pulled out a simple silver chain. At the tip of the chain was a pearl. A beautiful sea green pearl. He placed it in Ambers out stretched hand.

"Thank you. But why" Amber was completely baffled by Poseidon's hospitality. She pulled in her hand and examined the necklace.

"Well dear I have been very fond of you, I do pity you. But you have saved my son and for that I am grateful. Put on the necklace. You will enjoy its powers." Poseidon called. We watched as he turned and walked back into the crashing waves. Just before he was engulfed by one he looked over his shoulder and yelled at us.

"Oh and your mother will claim you soon" then he was gone.

( an: guys I'm at a Tim Hortons so it has free wifi! So here is an update, I hate long author notes but I would really appreciate some feed back on this story if you actually read it PLEASE leave comments and likes and all the good stuff! THANK YOU!
pic of Poseidon at top)