CHAPTER 5

Early at the crack of dawn, Melike had shaken Goktug awake, then helped him to put on his armor and get dressed before they did their dawn prayers, and set off with Gunduz Bey and the other Alps to search for Osman.

It was not long before they found horse tracks as they ventured deeper into the forest, toward the path that they had come from; as well as corpses of what looked like Cobanolugllari Alps. "Kuzgun must have come this way," said Melike, after she and Boran had gotten down from their horses to examine the traces. "Northwest. He and his Alps had gotten off their horses, and went after these tracks here." Boran nodded in agreement; "They must have spotted Osman Bey and wanted to capture him," he announced. Gunduz Bey nodded. "They must have been determined," he said grimly. "As if they are hiding something that if it comes to Osman's knowledge and he escapes with it, it would be dangerous for them." Melike and Boran looked at each other, nodding in agreement before they boarded their horses once again.

"Haydi!" cried Gunduz Bey, before their horses all broke out into gallops again and the Alps rode through the forest.

They followed quite a long trail of blood and more corpses as well as footprints, until they found Osman Bey in front of them, holding a man to the ground whilst bellowing, "Soyle! Speak!" His voice was like thunder through the woods, which gave Gunduz Bey's team the ability to follow it until they had come upon him. They had arrived just in time for Osman to throw a neat punch into the man's head, before he collapsed in a heap, unconscious. "Kardesim?" Gunduz exclaimed as Osman whirled around, the angry expression on his face disappearing into a look of relief as his eyes fell upon his older brother and his friends. The rest all let out a sigh of the same relief, Goktug most of all. Alhamdulillah,, he thanked God silently. My Bey is safe. Cok sukur. He had been silently blaming himself for leaving Osman, and was beyond happy to see him alive.

"Beyyim?" cried Boran and Melike, both as happy as Goktug was. "Allah'a, sukurler olsun." They all got off their horses to greet Osman Bey, Goktug being the first to get there and throw his arms around the man who was as much his brother as he was his leader, whom he had the utmost loyalty to. "Beyyim!" he exclaimed happily, as he engulfed Osman in a hug. "Cok sukur!" Osman smiled into Goktug's shoulder, just as relieved to see his friend alive as Goktug was. Melike smiled, happy that Goktug's anxiety over Osman's safety was eased, and that they were reunited. She too, was happy for her Bey, and was deeply relieved that he had survived in one piece. Osman had Goktug in an embrace for a long time, before they finally released each other.

"Goktug, how are your wounds?" he asked, concerned. "Are you alright? Were they healed?" "I am alright, Bey," answered Goktug. "I'm fine- how about you? Are you alright?" Osman grinned at him. "I am fine," he replied. "Couldn't be better." "Cok sukur," Goktug said again, before he finally allowed Gunduz Bey to hug his younger brother. "Kardas," he addressed Osman, a wide grin on his face. He looked around at the Alps and Melike who had come with him, all with a knowing smile just as bright as his was. He turned back to Osman; "Our father is worried about you," he said, making Osman's eyes go wide. "B-baba?" Osman blinked. "Agabey? Is he in the tribe?" Gunduz nodded. "Oh Allah- I missed him so much!" exclaimed Osman. "Is he healthy? Is he well?" "He is, Brother, he is," answered Gunduz. "He is waiting for you." "MashaAllah," whispered Osman. "MashaAllah."

The Alps all smiled widely, though Goktug's fell a little before he grinned again- not missed by Melike, who's sharp eyes had noticed. But nevertheless, she would have to ask him a little later, for Kuzgun was struggling on the ground. Her hand immediately went to her sword, her long fingers curling and uncurling around its hilt.

"Osman?" Gunduz looked to his brother. "Tell me, what happened?" "He tried to trap me," said Osman in an almost bored voice. Melike glared at Kuzgun on the ground, wanting nothing more than to kick him in the backside off to Mongolia- it was clear that both her husband and her older brother wanted to do the same, from the way she noticed they were tensed up as she stood between them. "You munafiq dog!" growled Gunduz, before placing his foot on the back of Kuzgun's neck, pressing his unruly face into the ground.