CHAPTER 16

A/N: Sorry this is a little late eheheh

"Osman Bey is coming!"

"Osman Bey geliyor!"

"He is bringing our people!"

The drums beat as Osman Bey led Goktug Alp, Melike Hatun and Boran Alp into the tribe with their people on their horses, smiling proudly and happily at the Alps on guard as they entered the camp. Melike quirked a small smile at Goktug, as they led his snowy-white horse, Amori, by the reins into the camp together. The small girl with the little brother sat on top of Goktug's horse, and she waved frantically at everyone whilst she held onto her brother who sat in front of her. Her excitement made Goktug and Melike laugh and grin up at her, along with the others who were either walking or on Osman Bey's and Boran Alp's horses.

"We did it, Ali!" she exclaimed, hugging her toddler brother in front of her. "We are in the tribe again! We have escaped the infidels!" "Indeed, you both have, my valiant girl!" said Melike gleefully, her eyes twinkling up at the little girl on the horse. Goktug smiled at his wife as she spoke with the young girl, and chuckled softly to himself as the scene before him caused a wave of warmth to fill his chest.

The group saw that a crowd had gathered in front of the Bey's Marquee, and they all gasped in relief and began to cheer when they saw their formerly captured people being led into the tribe, with Osman Bey at the lead. Dumrul Alp was the first to run to them from the crowd, and he laughed gaily as he clapped a hand to Goktug's shoulder, smiling from ear-to-ear. "You did it!" he exclaimed. "I knew you would!" "Of course we did," grinned Boran from Osman's other side, whilst Goktug thumped Dumrul on the chest. "We would never leave our people behind. Osman Bey would never leave our people behind."

The Beys on the steps of the marquee almost all sighed in relief to see them marching proudly through the tribe, their heads high and beaming smiles visible. "Allah, I thank you," murmured Dundar Bey. "Sukurler olsun." "Hay, MashaAllah," grinned Gunduz Bey, who had long since gotten up from his bed, his wounds no longer ailing him. "Now, is that not a relieving sight to see?" Bamsi Bey nodded at them in agreement, but he sent a dirty look toward Savci's way, who was the only one who did not look at all happy to see Osman lead their people into the tribe.

Savci did not look at Bamsi, nor catch his eye; his eyes were on his younger brother, and he glared at Osman- Melike's heart wilted slightly when her sharp eyes made out Savci Bey's expression. She realized by then that he probably had not been supportive of the decision to save them immediately.

The crowd in front of the marquee dispersed, and everyone began to make their way toward the newcomers, all cheering in triumph and glee. Husbands and their wives were reunited, as well as mothers and their children, and brothers with their sisters; there were hugs and kisses all around, as the Kayis reunited with those of them who had been taken captive whilst they stood up against Aya Nikola and the Byzantines from Inegol.

Melike was greeted by a very relieved and triumphant Bala Hatun, who ran at her before throwing her arms around her friend's shoulder, and Melike hugged her back as they held each other in a sisterly embrace.

"I was so worried for you, Melike!" Bala exclaimed, caressing her friend's back. "Are you alright?" "I am, Bala," smiled Melike. "I am alright." Bala smiled back at her, and spared a respectful nod for Goktug before going over to greet her husband.

Melike's eyes widened when she saw that the next person to greet her was none other than Selcan Hatun, who had been absent from the tribe for a long time.

"Selcan Ana!" she exclaimed, as she was pulled into a tight hug. "You're here! I was not expecting you!" "Melike'im," whispered Selcan lovingly, patting her back. "My brave, beautiful Melike'im. How are you, my daughter? It did concern me greatly when I found that you were amongst the captives in Kulucahisar when I arrived." "I am alright, Selcan Ana," reassured Melike. "I am alright, I stood my ground as I waited for my husband, my brother and my Osman Bey to save me."