CHAPTER 22

A/N: Prepare for a kind of steamy and intimate chapter, but no R-Rated stuff don't worry owo cuz this writer dun know that kind of stuff yet skjfkjsfd

Melike laid her head comfortably on Goktug's bare chest, listening to the steady sound of his heartbeat as he slept, snoring very faintly. She closed her eyes so as to rest them for a while, allowing herself to relax, running her fingers in gentle strokes across his collarbone. He grunted softly at her touch, enjoying the small massage he was receiving.

After their unsuccessful mission at Kulucahisar, Osman Bey had led them back to the tribe. However, it was not in a forlorn or defeated manner; despite the fact that they knew that Nikola most likely survived Osman's attack, they did come back with what they considered a victory, which was an addition to their army- that was Aygul Hatun.

Upon their arrival, Osman had called for Selcan Hatun to bring Aygul's baby to him, and right there in the middle of the tribe on the steps of the Bey's marquee was where he named the child Kayi Alp. It had been a very long time since Melike had seen Aygul smile in such a genuine and joyous way as Osman named her son proudly in front of the tribespeople. He did not even mention Alisar's name once- he merely introduced the infant as the grandson of Suleyman Shah's son, Dundar Bey, and as the child of Aygul Hatun, the Ghazi or veteran of Kulucahisar, as per the title Osman had bestowed upon her.

Osman had even invited Aygul to embrace Dundar- whom Melike knew, for all his faults, was still a loving and caring father to his only daughter. Ever since she could remember, Aygul and Dundar always did have a strong father-daughter bond, that only trembled and severed when she married Alisar and when Zohre was killed by Hazal.

Aygul had seemed reluctant at first and only allowed Dundar to take her into his arms half-heartedly, but it was when Dundar spoke about how there never was any need to hide her son from him did she finally warm up a little more. She had even given him permission to hold the newly-named Kayi Alp, and had actually been the one to pass her son into his grandfather's arms. It truly was a beautiful and emotionally touching sight, one that the Kayis perhaps would never forget for the rest of their time.

The only one who did not seem to enjoy the scene was, unsurprisingly, Savci Bey, who had confronted Osman immediately upon return.

Apparently, before they had even arrived at the tribe, Gunduz Bey had already gotten word of the attack and attempted assasination of Nikola that Osman orchestrated with Goktug, Boran and Melike, with Aygul joining in later on. Savci, of course, was not impressed. He had accused Osman of revolting against him and Ertugrul Bey, and Osman too, was angered by the fact that Savci had used their currently ill and unconscious father against him. He stood up to both Savci and Gunduz, telling them that he had no intention of stepping down, and that if he had to he would make a new attack on the fortress every day.

Melike knew of Osman Bey's intentions; for he had spoken of them along the way back from Kulucahisar, and even whilst they were on the way there the previous day. And she was very sure that none of the Beys, especially Savci Bey, would be supportive of those intentions.

Osman Bey had a plan that, in the coming days, he would make a move to take back the fortress from Nikola and put it once more under the rule of the Kayis.

All he needed was a chance to strategize and plan out his next advance. Whether he had come across an opportunity or thought of a plan yet, the Alps were not informed of it, and though they were told that they may need to leave the tribe again soon for another mission, Osman had not yet called upon any of them for a new operation. But either way, Melike knew it was best to remain alert, hence why she did not plan to rest for very long.

Melike finally opened her eyes and looked up at Goktug, who was positively still fast asleep, with his arms wrapped tightly around her. She snuggled into him deeper, wishing she could stay in such a way for the rest of eternity.