CHAPTER 19

A/N: OMG YALL IM SO SORRY I JUST CAME ON WATTPAD AFTER TWO DAYS LOL AND REALIZED THAT THIS CHAPTER WAS STILL IN DRAFTS WHEN I THOUGHT IT WAS ALREADY PUBLISHED OMG 😭😭😭 + where do you think our girl Melike would be on this grid LMAOOO

Goktug and Boran talked to Melike about their unsuccessful mission in trying to capture Cerkutay over supper, as they ate the stew Boran had cooked. Melike listened intently to their narration, and frowned when they mentioned Flatyos.

"So, it was Flatyos who came and snatched him out of your grasp?" she asked, earning a nod of response from Goktug and Boran each. "My Allah...how unfortunate and infuriating. How did Osman Bey take it?"

"He was not too upset, alhamdulillah," said Boran, looking relieved. "It was almost as if he expected Nikola to send someone to retrieve him from us." "Alhamdulillah," said Melike. "Ugh, but that horrible Aslan Avcisi Flatyos...I have never wanted to slice a man to pieces so much in my life." "Why is he called Aslan Avcisi Flatyos, Melike?" asked Goktug, confused. "You did not tell us yesterday when we went to rescue you. You only said that it is a title he has given himself- but you did not explain why." "Well, he gives himself that title because he said that he is a lion-hunter," elaborated Melike. "An actual lion-hunter. Back when he was living in Rome as a gladiator. One that probably caught lions for the arena, or killed them for merry sport. He told me that he was so fearsome that they had to keep him in a cage." Boran chuckled softly.

"Some lion-hunter, though," he said in a nasty voice, hatred for the Byzantine dripping from his tone. "If a girl could beat him to a pulp so that he needed his soldiers to protect him." "Maybe he was a lion-hunter only in his dreams," snorted Goktug. "And he believed it too much it became a reality for him- that is, until my Melike shut him down."

All three of them laughed, and continued to eat, before Melike spoke up again.

"I wonder what Osman Bey is thinking," she said thoughtfully. "If it looked to both of you that he had expected Nikola and Flatyos to go after Cerkutay."

"Perhaps he believes that whoever is working against Geyhatu- Cerkutay being amongst them- would want to ally up with Nikola," Goktug suggested. "As Nikola does hate the Mongols more than he does the Turks. All Byzantines do, and the Romans and Templars too." "Maybe they only hate us less because we are much cleaner than the Mongols are, filthy stinking bastards," joked Boran, making his younger sister snort. "Er- no offence, Goktug." "None taken," said Goktug in a rather flat voice, as Melike giggled uncontrollably behind her hand. "Oh, stop laughing at me, Melike." His voice had turned rather gruff.

"I am sorry, Goktug'im," chuckled Melike. "It was your dry reaction that humored me."

Goktug sighed and smiled grudgingly.

"Ah, there is the beautiful smile of icy, cold and grumpy Goktug!" celebrated Boran. "Do keep that beguiling smile on your face, I hate seeing your frowning brow- oh no, do not do that, now..." As soon as Boran started teasing him again, Goktug immediately scowled at him, glaring daggers. "Shut up, Boran," he growled. "At least my smile is charming, and not goofy like yours. What Gonca Hatun must think, eh?" It was Boran's turn to scowl. "Why, I ought to-"

"Oh, stop it, you two," scolded Melike, who was secretly dying from laughter on the inside. "You act like children." She shook her head at them, before taking a sip of sherbet from her drinking bowl. "And your smile is lovely, Boran Agabey," she added, giving Goktug a look. "Do not worry about it." Boran nodded, with eyes still narrowed at Goktug.

"When is your next mission with Osman Bey?" Melike asked, speaking up again after a few moments of silence and changing the subject. "Perhaps tonight," answered Boran. "Why do you ask?" "Because I want to come along, of course," said Melike obviously. "And I am not taking no for an answer, Agabey." Boran and Goktug looked at each other; Goktug sighed. "Well, we already stopped her once," he said relentingly. "I suppose she can come along for our next mission." "Just do not allow yourself to get heavily wounded, you are still healing," said Boran to Melike firmly. "We do not want extra complications, do we?"