CHAPTER 33

Bamsi Bey's group arrived back at the Kayi Tribe not long after defeating Nikola and rescuing Inal Bey from his hands. Gunduz Bey and Savci Bey had already arrived by then with the rest of their group- along with Flatyos.

Bamsi Bey, knowing that Goktug really was very keen on wanting to deal with Flatyos, assigned him the duty of bringing him to the caged tent- which is exactly what Goktug did, with pleasure.

After tightening the bonds Flatyos had around his wrists, Goktug locked him in the caged tent, and sneered at him through the bars of the cage.

"Aslan Avcisi Flatyos..."

Flatyos narrowed his cold, greyish-blue eyes at him, not saying a word. Goktug smirked.

"Ah, Flatyos...if only they allowed me to have my way with you," he growled. "If only...if only..."

"And what would that be, Goktug?" asked Flatyos. "Tell me." He sounded rather bored.

Goktug's nostrils flared.

"Oh, if I had my way with you, I would take revenge for all the sneaky games you devised against our tribe," he growled. "I would take revenge for my brother Ayaz, who you killed in cold blood. I would take revenge for the kidnapping and torture that my wife endured in the fortress you stole from us! I would make you pay, Flatyos, I would!" "But you won't, will you?" scoffed Flatyos. "You wouldn't dare disobey your beloved Bey, would you, Goktug?" Goktug gritted his teeth.

Flatyos laughed nastily; "Come now," he said, moving closer to the bars of the cage, and closer to Goktug. "Untie my binds, perhaps then we will see if you can really make me pay or not."

Goktug hissed like an angry cat, and made a move towards the door of the caged tent again- but a hand reached out and clapped on his arm.

"Goktug Alp, wait," said Savci Bey. "Let me deal with him first. My dispute with this infidel is bigger." Goktug frowned; he did not believe so- but then again, he was in no position to argue. Yet he did not want to obey, either.

Savci noticed his defiant demeanour; "Goktug," he said again, his tone low. "Leave us."

Goktug gave Flatyos one last look, then nodded at Savci and left the tent reluctantly.

He found Melike standing outside as he exited, clearly in wait for him. She gave him a small smile.

"I saw Savci Bey go in," she said. "He said he wanted to see Flatyos for a while before going to attend Ertugrul Bey's council gathering. I suppose you did not get to deal with that heathen as you would have liked, did you?" "No," said Goktug, his tone and expression forlorn. "I did not, Cilek." He sighed resentfully.

"I wish I could be the one to tear him apart limb by limb," he growled lowly. "But no, Savci Bey apparently has a 'bigger dispute' with him." "I suppose he does," said Melike, and Goktug snorted.

"No he does not," he said obstinately. "And if he really does, then why?" "Well, I heard that Lena Hatun has some history with Flatyos," said Melike, and Goktug's eyes narrowed. "He was in love with her when she was still living in Karacahisar. I believe that she was, too, until she left him for Savci Bey." Goktug rolled his eyes.

"But it was not Lena Hatun whom he captured and tortured," he muttered. "It was you, Melike. My wife. Not his." Melike raised her eyebrows.

"You know, for your information, I believe I did a whole lot more damage to Flatyos than he did me," she said, a smirk on her face. "You need not mope over that still." Goktug did not smile back.

"I know that," he said grumpily. "But still- I have not yet gotten my vengeance for that. I want to make him pay for whatever he did to you. Osman Bey promised me that. I will make them pay, Melike, both him and Nikola-"