CHAPTER 15

A/N: SORRY THIS IS LATE SHASHDJJHDS

Osman Bey, Goktug Alp and Boran Alp rode through the forests of Sogut to get to the Kulucahisar Kalesi.

They carried with them two large chests full of gold and booty that they had collected over time, from past battles. With the help of the other Alps and Bamsi Bey, they had gotten ahold of them during the night, and immediately set off toward the fortress at the crack of dawn.

No one had been informed about their mission with the exception of Bamsi Bey, Bala Hatun and Osman's other Alps; the three had left the tribe very discreetly, before many had even awakened. The Kulucahisar Kalesi was not far, but they had to take a certain longer route so as to not catch the eye of any witnesses as they made their way to the fortress.

And before long, they had arrived; Goktug's jaw clenched as he looked toward the castle in which he knew a large number of his people were being kept captive, including his wife. He was reassured with the knowledge that Melike, being the courageous woman that she was, would not even be the slightest bit afraid, and would also probably share her courage and bravery with the other prisoners- but he was furious that she had been taken captive. Yet despite his anger, he could not help but feel a swell of pride, knowing that she had nearly fought to the death to protect their people, and the fortress.

"Do not worry one bit, Cilegim," he whispered. "I am coming for you. We are all coming for you, and our people. Hold tight."

Their horses broke through the trees and rode into the plains, and finally came into view of the Byzantine soldiers that were lined up on the walls of the castle. "The Turks are coming!" cried one of them, and another disappeared down one of the towers to go and inform Tekfur Nikola. "The Turks are coming! Inform Tekfur Nikola, now!" Osman, Goktug and Boran galloped right up to the front of the fortress, just at the big gate that had been locked after the battle, preventing anyone from coming in or going out.

"Open the gates!" thundered Osman from his horse, looking up at the soldiers on the towers. "And tell Nikola that Ertugrul Gazi's son Osman Bey has come to make a bargain! And he will not leave until he is allowed inside with his Alps!" He glared up at them, his dark eyes narrowed dangerously. Goktug and Boran too, sneered up at the Byzantines, tilting their heads menacingly, especially when the soldiers began to laugh. Goktug scoffed.

"Oh my, they came back to take the castle!" mocked one of the soldiers. "All three of them!"

"Oh, what a magnificent army of three," snorted another one, and they all jeered down at Osman, Goktug and Boran. "I have never seen any quite like them- nor have I been so terrified!" Boran's lip twitched, his sharp eyebrows pulling his brow into a frown; "Laugh all you want, rabid dogs," the brunette hissed, his shoulder-length tawny hair rippling behind him, shining in the faded Autumn sun. "You can only imagine what we are about to do, you will see..." Osman and Goktug nodded in agreement, as they continued to watch the soldiers guffaw at them irritatingly.

The soldier that had been sent to give word to Nikola about the Alps' and Osman's arrival, and told them that they were to open the gates and let them in.

"Ah, you are lucky today, Osman!" one of them jeered. "Aya Nikola actually wants to see you!" "Probably wants to ask some advice on how to herd and breed sheep," taunted another soldier, causing the others to shriek with laughter yet again.

"Are they drunk?" tutted Boran. "Must be," snorted Goktug. "By the way they act so childishly." "Or they are just being imbecilic, kardaslar," said Osman casually, as the gates finally opened, allowing them to come in. "Come on, my Brothers. Let us not waste time." They rode into the castle and the gates closed behind them again as they got off their horses. Goktug looked up and around, his blood boiling. He remembered that the conquering of Kulucahisar was the first real battle that he had fought with the Kayis, after Balgay's death. He also remembered that the night before the Battle of Kulucahisar was the night he had asked Melike Hatun to marry him, and she had said yes. His lips curled up at the sides in a small smile, as the memory brought a sweet warmth to fill his chest, as he got off of his horse, taking the box of gold with him.