19. 5 Years Ago

Written in the title, this chapter will tell you about what happened 5 years ago you and the characters have been talking about. A chapter special for flashbacks and things!

"Diluc Ragvindr."

The room was a mess.

A total mess.

Paper scattered everywhere, books were sprawled on each and every corner of the room, dust flew right to him and the girl in the room一alone.

She had her arms crossed with her e/c eyes keened right to him. The frown that showed an immeasurable disappointment一also the displease.

"Diluc, you told me you won't let someone else have it. But how was it on Diane's hands?!"

The way she scoffed and clicked her tongue couldn't add more annoyance and fire in him. He was supposed to take care of the ruby necklace while Y/n went on a temple.

But great!

He gave it to her father and somehow, the necklace was with a mistress he hardly knew.

"Y/n... please not now一"

"You know how I despised that girl. My father spent all his moras and even gave jewelry to her and that's our only left."

"Look, Y/n. I didn't give that necklace to Ms Lysafia."

"But you were the only person I entrusted."

Now the tension went higher and grew hotter but colder. As if one fought in fire and one fought in ice.

"Y/n. You just came back so一"

"I came back because I have to leave after this."

Leave to where?

She crossed her arm to another. "Leave? For what?" His question sounder more like a demand, even by raising his tone a little.

"That's none of your business right now. I just need your help to get一"

"Steal back the ruby necklace? Can't you go ask your father then?"

"You know that my father is deeply in love with her. Do you think I can trust someone who betray一"

The small demanding and fire rose in his chest as his mind couldn't get this straight. First, she left without an information. Second, she had always left and did things on her own.

"Betrayed your family? And our friendship? You left without an information and you were gone for too long."

How could one problem be this big?

"Diluc, it's a task given by Grandmaster Varka alone. How am I supposed to tell you?" She sighed, shaking her head to the side. "Anyways, I need your help to get the一"

"What's precious about that ruby if I may ask?"

She took out a scroll that fell on the floor, scrolling it down and got her pen ready. "That's the only thing my mother has. I can't let my father give it to his witches."

From the word 'witch', he knew she was refering to his mistresses. The fact how Diane got her hands on the necklace was because Diluc let her father took it.

He pursed his lips together, trying to find the words to speak. He inhaled the air deeply as scenarios played in his mind with his heart beating.

"So, I want you一"

"Your father came here and asked for the necklace."

He could hear the sound of the pen dropped, smashing it to the table in an audible way. "I thought he wanted to give it to your mother but一"