22. Dress

Days ago...

"Thank you for your invitation, Grandmaster Jean, and afternoon to you too. I'm honored for this invitation."

"You don't have to speak formally, Y/n. We've known each other for quite a while," the brunette spoke, landing her hand on her cheek as if it's a habit.

But the problem for the h/c haired lady was, she couldn't remember who were they. "Ah, right... Liby.."

"Lisa."

"Right, pardon me, Lisa."

She was positive she couldn't remember the brunette lady. "It looks like Eula won't be coming here any time soon."

Y/n hummed in curiosity一trying to remember the mentioned name. "Yu...la?" She muttered.

"Eula. Didn't you two love to have tea breaks before?"

Now questions rose beneath her head. Were they friends or something? "Ah, anyway, Y/n..." Jean's assertive yet gentle voice rang to her ears. "How's your stay in my house?"

"It's fascinating. However, I can't stay there for too long," the h/c haired lady stated. "It's fine if you take your time. I'll provide things you need一"

"Master Jean, please..."

"As a cousin of course."

Lisa's chuckle filled in the air between two cousins. "Ah, both of you still haven't changed..."

Were they like this before?

Obviously, Y/n couldn't recall. Her memory was like a thick fog which she couldn't escape from.

"So, your reason for your invitation...?" Y/n quickly changed the subject.

Jean nodded her head reluctantly and lifted the tea glass to her lips. "Diane admitted the truth so easily, but not for Argon. I think you should be careful for a while," the blonde warned.

Of course, she knew she had to be careful, right? "Hm."

***

Drops of water poured down from the sky and soon left the place of graves. Scents of flowers from Y/n's grip tightened as she stood forth一with all her courage she could breathe in. Not only flowers did she bring, a small tea set was on her other hand.

"...Afternoon, Mom.." she finally exhaled her greeting, sitting beside the grave as she put on the smile. "How are you?"

Right now, she would be considered as a someone whom lost her mind, without even considering the reason why. However, she was alone in the grave一no one to tell her and no one to disturb her.

She landed the flowers on the dirt. "You're in a better and happier place, right? Did you see me catching the last culprit without my title as a knight?" The h/c haired lady smiled eyes to eyes, trying to convert the feeling of loss to her happiness.

Well, in front of her mother's grave.

"You once said that一people can act without their title. And that when we die, we're the same and titles won't be looked at." The sound of the pouring small cup, her mother's favourite drink一earl grey.

The sound of crickets, howls of the wind, and bushes bustled to her ears. A gentle breeze brushed against her tender skin and the silky h/c hair. It always took her a moment to recall the reason she came here.

Every second that passed by, parts of her memory vanished without a sign like a wind. "You're the most beautiful, woman in Tevyat. Yet, I can't remember how you looked like."