24. Dance

Sounds of the strumming guitar, lyres, and trumpets stirred the whole crowd into dancing. Each and every steps she took, her h/s h/c hair would sway along. The rythmic taps of her steps, arms that swayed as they followed the music, and her e/c eyes dazzled with the lights on the street.

It wasn't the type of dance for nobles, instead一commoners danced on the street together with their beloved ones. Y/n's dance would compete with the graceful moves from Eula's, dancing like a couple on teather together.

Lively.

The song stopped, so as their dances together. Cheers from the crowds could be heard by the two friends. The h/c haired lady huffed and inhaled for air to pass through her dried lungs. Sweats couldn't stop trickling down from her face, her heart beat faster but excited.

"Thank you for this dance, Eula."

"And you have my gratitude, our debts are off and so as our worries, Y/n."

Y/n chuckled lightly before turning her head一her eyes met with the familiar strawberry ones. The sound of the next song started playing, Y/n swayed her way to the red haired man with her beaming smile.

Despite the sweats and her heart that still couldn't stop beating, she still offered a dance. Though, Diluc should've gone with his father, he didn't attend.

"May I ask you for this dance, Lady Diluc?" Her joke was followed with a laugh of her own, ringing through Diluc's ears. Instead of scolding, he took her hand, smiling as if it would be the last time she shone. "Yes, Sir Y/n."

Back in the days where they would joke with each other, still left some pieces to Diluc's heart. And sometimes, when he looks back at it一he didn't know what一he would smile in delight.

Well, alone.

Rustles of his vest and his thick coat sounded through the peaceful atmosphere. Only him in the room, heart beating mindlessly in glee. He was obviously falling for the h/c haired girl for the second time.

The sound of his tapping boots made its way to the door, and just like that, he left the silent room.

****

Whispers were set aflared by people as their curious eyes wandered into the h/c haired lady. She gazed to the front, still trying to not mind the overwhelming stares. However, it didn't work.

Y/n wasn't the type to care about people's stares. But stares in a formal attendance was intimidating, as it's sending shivers down her spine.

As soon as she entered the main ballroom, believe me. Her heart raced even further, as if it's about to drop down to the stomach. "Where's Sir Kaeya..." she mumbled under her breath, still lookong around for a certain blue haired man.

Only for her eyes to trance toward a person she didn't know, coming straight at her. "May Lord Barbatos' wind leads you, I'm Goanijk Jourel. Pleased to make your accquaintance."

Goa... what now?

Her breath shook as she tried to keep up with her heart's pace. A nervous smile crept its way to her lips, forming a way more awkward atmosphere than expected. "May Lord Barbatos' wind leads you too, Sir Jourel," she replied.

Did she stutter? Did she make an excessive expression? Did she make a mistake? Oh Archons, how could her cousin, Jean, faced all these  nobles?

"What's your name, Young lady?"

"I'm Y/n... Airyotia Ghunnhildr." Well, that's the only name that was familiar to a lot of people. A name she used as a commander five years ago, though, Ghunnhildr was hardly included in her name.