27. |Diluc's Route|

Hi, just a small warning...

Wait no! It's not angst!

It's...

✨O O C  D I L U C✨
Enjoy~

****

"Cold!"

A low yelp escaped from Diluc's lips, feeling the cold contact on his cheek. He turned to look at his knight h/c haired friend, Y/n, slowly removing the bottle from Diluc's cheek. "I'm sorry, Young Master. You seem to be daydreaming."

He let out a small chuckle, smiling into the river of stars as he silently took a small glance of her e/c ones. "Nothing, I was wondering about something."

It was her turn to chuckle. The popped bottle filled the calm atmosphere between both of them. She drank the bottle, joining in一whatever Diluc was gazing at.

"Nervous about the knight exam?" She let out a sigh after drinking the bottle, turning back her gaze at him. He wasn't even the slightest surprised, but decided to ask anyway. "How did you know?"

"Your tensed, pale, and you've been daydreaming all day. I'm your friend of course," she stated一more like reminding him. He hummed in response along with a nod, his eyes glistened to the ground.

"What was it like in the knights?"

"Hm? Oh, it was fun when you go out from the Mondstadt's gate, but absoloutely boring in the gate," she replied mindlessly, as if what she had said wouldn't hurt the knights' feelings. "You've been here for a year, so you're no longer under training, yes?"

"Mhm."

He turned his gaze at hers, glistening his ruby eyes with the e/c ones. The confidence and courage written perfectly on her face, as if she would take on any kinds of challanges in front of her.

"Everything's gonna be fine, trust me. I heard a bit about your performance from my superiors," she confessed whole-heartedly. "You were eavesdropping again?"

"Hmm... you could say that I guess."

"You need to fix your habit, Y/n."

In the silent night, where almost everyone was asleep, the two stood by the garden of the Dawn Winery. A light-hearted chuckle rang across his ears, managed to snap his whole attention to her.

The way her chuckle sounded...

Harmonized with the howling wind. Gentle to his ears, like a siren singing but minus the evil deeds. Her voice rang like a sweet cherry, and always caught him off guard.

His heart paced more rapid than before, and as if the night had glittered her under the moonlight. Her gentle soft skin, and her hair that tied to a low ponytail...

She was oddly beautiful tonight.

"They said, your performance in sword is awesome and perfect. But you seem to fit with claymore better," Y/n stated, ending her short chuckle. But the cold night swayed her voice away.

The first time he had realised, he was catching feelings.

****

"This is your last night here?"

"Why, yes."

She hummed lightly as she swept the floor with joy. In the silent tavern, only both of them were in the Angel's Share, enjoying the night before her leave. "Where are you heading next?"