23. Seized

"Y/n, do you like it?"

"I like it!"

Flowers scattered around the two children, the h/c haired girl and the young blue haired boy. The small enchanting giggle escaped from her tiny lips. She placed a flower crown of sweet flowers on top of his head一smiling proudly with her own work.

The sound of the chirping birds flew passed by them, filling the silence between the two young friends. Today, the red haired boy couldn't join.

Kaeya's small laugh erupted in the serenity atmosphere. Nothing could disturb and destroy this peaceful atmosphere.

Cheerful and enchanting... calming.

And she would like to save this moment forever一she wished for the time to stop ticking, and the time when her father came would never happen.

"Young Master, look!" The small lamp flower on her tiny hands was showed to the young boy in enthusiasm. "I heard about Young Master Diluc's favourite flower so I went out to take it for a while!" She exclaimed cheerfully, smile widened as if nothing happened.

In fact, something did happen. And the way she acted was... exaggrated. Her laugh was hollow, her usual astonishing jewel e/c were only filled with the void of silence. The silky h/c hair was pulled up into a half ponytail with the red ribbon, revealing her face even better.

She used to be the sun of his life. But this time, it felt like she was the moon to him.

"And I also got one for you too before we depart ways..." Y/n passed the flowers to Kaeya without hesitant. If only Kaeya could catch the odd behavior...

"That's dangerous, Y/n! You shouldn't go out like that."

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself..." she chuckled half-heartedly. Her chest heaved with the her gaze slowly deemed for comfort. "And afterall, both of you were the only friends I have," she mumbled under her breath that was drowned by the howls of wind.

"Well, Young Master. Would you like to join me in my travel to the entrance of the Dawn Winery?" Y/n offered.

The little boy nodded his head and soon, the two of them ran to the entrance of the Dawn Winery with her small bagpack.

Yet, her run was slower and less enthusiastic than before... as if something had happened. His cobalt eyes fell onto her smile that somehow一curled down just by a few centimeters.

She was obviously not fine.

"Papa!"

But her voice was filled with so much happiness and joy一and also...

Fear.

She ran to her father's arms, tackling him with a hug. And behind the man was a... woman she didn't know.

The woman walked right next to Robert, leaning on his shoulder with a smile. "Hi, Y/n!" The woman greeted. "I'm your father's friend," she introduced herself.

And just within a sight一Kaeya knew what was going on. The little boy turned to his best friend beside him, slowly finding the beaming smile dimmed.

Looked like she knew it too.

"Y/n..." his mutter was left as a whisper, and the only thing he could do was watch as the person he treasured helplessly smiled一as if what was beheld in front of them was nothing.

And he hated it.

Her eyes were closed as she tried to keep up the beaming smile for her father.