chapter 19 (award shows and promises)

Selena moves some hair out of her eyes as she walks through the street. Her curls bouncing a bit as she walks. She turns a corner and whimpers when she bumps into somebody and their coffee spreads on both them and her. She looks down a bit.

“Oh my god I'm so sorry!” she says

“it's fine love” she hears him say.

She looks up and can't help but smile and hug Tristan. He hugs back and laughs.

"How's Brad doing?" she asks him gently

"Not the best" Tristin admits "He's a wreck without you"

Selena tries not to show that she feels bad for him.

"He's the one who called me Sarah" Selena says softly "He only loves me because i look like her."

He rubs her back and she takes a deep breath calming herself down. in truth she really misses Brad. she loves him. but she feels like he doesn't love her. maybe he honestly doesn't. she has no clue

“How have you been Selena?” he asks smiling

she snaps out of her thoughts and smiles at him.

“I've been good” she says smiling at him “and you?”

“I'm great! Me and the lads are going to the Brit awards tonight. You should come!” he says happily

Selena hesitates. Having to watch Brad. But at the same time they're her best friends. She nods and smiles.

“But I don't have a ticket” she says

He smiles and hands her a ticket

“Brad doesn't know though. We're all playing and we're too scared to talk to him about you or else it'll throw off his singing” Tristan explains “So you'll be a surprise so to speak”

Selena nods and he hugs her again. He walks away and she goes home after a few minutes and changes out of her coffee stained clothes. She digs around in her closet till she finds a nice dress to wear. She sets it on her wall so she can grab it when it's time for the big show. She takes a shower. She steps out and wraps a towel around her body as she blow dries her hair. After she finishes she does her make up and looks at her now blue hair with purple tips. She smiles since she just did it last night and it looks good and bright. She walks into her bedroom and slides on the dress and fixes it so it flatters her body perfectly. She slides on her 6 inch high heeled boots with strings and zippers to make them fit perfectly and she walks to the mirror and makes sure she looks good. She grabs her purse and walks outside. Connor and Marissa pick her up and they head to the big show. Selena smiles and Connor takes her to the seats they're all staying at before he goes backstage. As the show starts Selena can't help but get excited. She watches as they go onstage and Marissa stands beside her. Tristan starts playing drums and then Brad and James both start playing guitar.

“Ladies and gentlemen sing along if you know the words this is 'somebody to you' “ Brad states smiling wide

As they start playing the song Marissa and Selena both sing along and dance around. Then something catches Brad's eyes and he spots Selena. She looks back at him and he continues to play the guitar but he looks completely broken. After they finish the 3 songs they were playing for the award show Connor comes and takes her and Marissa back stage. Selena walks to their dressing room and sees Brad with his head I his hands. Selena stands there mentally fighting with herself as she sees him like this. He looks up and his eyes are stained from tears. It breaks her heart. She turns and goes to run off but he runs ahead of her and stands right in front of her.

“Let me through please” she mumbles forcing her tears back

“Selena..” he says as his tears flow “We need to talk”

“there isn't anything to talk about” Selena states “you only want me because I look like Sarah”

He shakes his head and she rests her forehead against his. He holds her waist gently and sniffles.

“you're the only girl I want Selena.” he states

She lets a tear flow down her cheek and she kisses him. He kisses back gently wiping her tears as he rests both hands on her cheeks. He slides his hands to her bum as she jumps and wraps her legs around his waist. He leans her against the wall and they gently pull their lips apart. He rests his forehead against hers.

“Selena will you be my girlfriend?” he asks “please?”

Selena pecks his lips and smiles.

“I'd love to be Brad” she states smiling

He smiles wide and takes her by the hand. They both run to catch up to the others as they go to their seats. After Taylor Swift finishes performing Brad holds Selena's hand tight. Miranda Cosgrove walks onto the stage and holds the card that tells who won best band. Selena listens to the list and bites her lip.

“And the winner is...” Miranda says “The Vamps!”

all the boys smile wide and Brad turns to Selena and kisses her hard. His hands around her waist. They pull apart and he chuckles and runs with the lads up on the stage. She watches and claps.

“thank you all so much” James starts the accepting speech. “we'd like to thank the fans, management, and..”

“Our incredible girlfriends” Brad says smiling “Connor's girlfriend Marissa and my girlfriend Selena.”

“we'd also like to thank the girl we used to be great friends with who sadly passed away her name was Sarah!” Connor adds

Selena smiles and they get off the stage. she's so proud of them. Brad gets back to her and he kisses her again. this time softer.

"I love you" he states to her

"I love you too" she says "so much"

He kisses her again and they both smile. now time for the after party.