26: What Modern Technological Device Takes up Most of Your Time?

NOTE: In Middle-Earth there is no "technology" as we think of it. So I am just going to make this 'What object takes up most of your time'. Sorry, but the Elves don't have I-pads. (No matter how funny it would be).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He had been scratching away all day long. Scratch, scratch, scratch. Quill on paper, long strokes of ink. Glossy black letters. I'm surprised that no one has asked where I am... Elrond looked up from the letters and saw that it was late afternoon. The sun was low in the sky, turning everything a golden yellow  and making the glossy letters shine even more. Like liquid night.

He brushed some of his hair from his eyes and looked back to the paper in front of him. Truly, he wasn't writing anything for any real reason. He had just sat down and his hand had done the rest. How odd. Elrond tapped the feather against his chin.

The letters he had written spelled something that he had not intended to. R-E-M-E-M-B-E-R M-EI did not mean to write that... The lord narrowed his eyes at the words before picking up the piece of paper and crumpling it up with a sigh. He threw it into the trash without another thought.

Elrond pulled out a new piece of paper and began to practice his Tengwar once again. Hours passed of this. He sat and scratched away until dinner. I think i would be best not to worry anyone. I should go to dinner. He sighed and grabbed a cloth. Cleaning off the tip of the quill left black stains of the small cloth squares.

The Lord rose to his feet and went to the door. Before leaving he looked down to the trash and saw the piece of paper. Facing him was those same words,

R-E-M-E-M-B-E-R M-E

I don't remember crumpling it like that... Elrond looked away and shuddered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woah, It's been awhile. Hello! I'm not dead! Yay! This has to be one of my favorites to write, but it makes no sense so.... Yeah.

But, putting that aside, I have to say something about this. Thank you guys SO much! I would have never dreamed that this story would have as many stars and view that it does. This is my hobby, this is what I love to do and I'm glad that others like to read what I write. I've been a part of the LotR fandom for a while now and I've met a ton of new people thanks to that alone. All of you are awesome! I'm meeting people that I would have never thought real! People that like what I like. In the end, I would not be here if it wasn't for the Lord of the Ring fandom and all of the people in it. I can't thank you guys enough for making me who I am. I love you all! <3

~Megan