16: When was the Last Time you got Lost?

"Are you lost?" Glorfindel's engasperated groan was one that Elrond had heard way too much of over the course of this trip. "Why did you have to make the valley secret? I bet we would be there by now if you had just made easy to find." Elrond, who had spent the majority of this trip being a calm navigator, threw the map down and turned back to face the Vanya.

        "I'm sorry, but if you want Sauron to have directions to your houses, then make your own and by all means give him a road map." He slipped off of his horse and picked up the map. "No. I'm not lost, I know where we need to go."

        "Yeah but do you know where we are?" Kinslaying is a sin. The half-elf took a deep breath and looked up to meet the blue eyed gaze of his traveling companion. 

        "We are in the Trollshaws."

        "Where in the Trollshaws? North? East? West? South? Middle? End? Beginning? -"

        "Just. Stop. I'm. About. To.Lose. My. Mind." Elrond snarled. I'll be dead before I ever get to the Hidden Valley. Either he'll kill me, or I'll kill myself at this rate. 

        "By all means do so." Glorfindel muttered too himself, but he wasn't all that quiet. "It hasn't helped us get there anyway." Elrond balled his fists and whipped around to snap at this nuisance that he had been forced to drag along.

        "You know what Glorfindel, do you know why I always get stuck with you?" The Vanya narrowed his eyes at the half-elf who he could run down on his horse. "Because no one wants to deal with you! If you want to think that you're quiet the navigator, than please do so. But I'll be taking the rest of the trip myself. You can find your own way to Imladris, and I'll take my way." I bet he'll get lost and eaten before the day's over. Elrond swung up onto his horse leaving the open mouthed Balrog slayer by himself in the Trollshaws.

        He pulled a map from his saddle bags and rode on to the entrance of Rivendell. The secret entrance that I was planning to show Glorfindel if he had trusted me enough to let me navigate the entire way. Oh well, it's his problem if he would rather die in the wilderness.

        The wasteland offered no protection from predators and make no mistake, there were plenty of predators out there. Yet, Elrond had a swift horse and secret entrance and wolves did not faze him.  He rode on until he hit the rock that marked the tunnel.

"I wonder where Glorfindel is?" He chuckled darkly to his horse, patting the mare of the muzzle. "But, we are here, and he is not." Leading his horse into the tunnel the rock sealed off the area behind them, leaving them to press on in one direction only. That was a good thing though, this route led home. I could do with my bed and a warm glass of wine. Eru only knows what I dealt with on this trip.

        The rock soon gave away to the scenic valley below. Large grass lands, thundering waterfalls, little rivers, and archers of forest. Elves were singing in the glade and horses were running free and grazing where ever the pleased.

"We made it home Arda, we made it home." The mare threw her head as Elrond mounted his horse once again and they rode down the path. The elves cried happy and began another song as their Lord rode threw the forest land to reach the city in the heart of the valley. 

        The stable boys at Rivendell took his horse and the Lord walked back into the city to be greeted by Erestor.

"Ai Elrond! I've been waiting for your safe return." The Chief Advisor looked around the common room before looking back to Elrond. "Where is Lord Glorfindel?"

"He'll be a bit late. Now, if you excuse me I have been riding for weeks and you have no idea what kinds of things went on." Erestor bowed and took his leave and well did Elrond. 

        The days passed slowly until about a week later a rider on a white stallion rode in. Hid golden hair matted and tangled. He went through the door with a proud look on his that melted away when he saw Elrond at the end of the long dining table.

"Glorfindel! How good to see you. Where have you been?" The Vanya dropped his gaze and looked down at the floor.

"I got lost."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had fun doing this one! Just a fight between two best friends, it happens a lot. 

~Megan