Prompt 30: Write About Something you Purchased Used.

Sweet Eru, we finally made it to 30 after my over a month hiatus. Thank you guys so much for 1.6k views! It really does mean a lot to me. <3 Hearts for everyone! Now, as many of you know I try to do something longer for my "milestone prompts" so this will be interesting. And yes, I know what I wrote on the last one, but there will most likely be Glorfindel. *holds up hands* I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I just love to write him. :3 So, with that all done, sit down, get some popcorn, realize you don't need to popcorn, keep the popcorn, and read Prompt 30!

Megan (who likes Glorfindel way too much) Earendillion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The moment Elrond opened the book he coughed from the amazing amount of dust. I shouldn't open these by my mouth... He had only read the cover and he bought it without a second thought. A book filled with intricate drawings of healing plants.

In truth, Elrond had no idea why he bought it. He had plenty of them like it. Sweet Eru, I must have the largest amount of healing books in all of Arda. He fingered through the pages, taking careful precautions to not smudge the drawings.

He bought it from a human who was selling things that had belonged to his father before he died. Perhaps that was why he had bought it, he felt bad. I suppose that could be why. None of the drawings were colored, they were only charcoal. Elrond loved charcoal drawings, he enjoyed doing them in his free time.

The Lord yawned, rubbing his eyes. It was noon and yet he felt as he could sleep for a few days. Odd, I've been sleeping. He closed the book, setting it on his desk and get up onto his feet. The Lord stretched, rubbing his neck and scanning the study for anything out of place.

Perhaps I can just sleep for a little while. I'm sure than Erestor can handle whatever will happen in an hour. I'll only sleep for an hour. Elrond slipped out of his heavy dress robes, throwing them on the floor in exchange for sleeping robes. Pulling them over his head and brushing them out, the lord collapsed on his bed, kicking back the covers. Elrond threw the blankets back over his head, nestling under the pile of warm, soft, fabric. With that, he fell into his world of dreams.

*** *** ***

Elrond awoke, shivering. I'm surprised it isn't snowing in here. He looked over to the glass balcony door he had left open in the afternoon, when it was warm. Wait a moment... Elrond rubbed his eyes, blinking. Outside the sky had turned black and the moon was half way through the sky. It's midnight!?

Confused, and half asleep, the Lord got out of bed. The stone floor was cold, especially since he was barefoot. Elrond walked over to the door and slammed it shut, he was too confused to be gentle to his door. Was that healing sleep? I haven't used magic at all this month...

The Lord rubbed his eyes again, lost, and unsure what to do he decided to read. I have nothing better to do I suppose. The idea of seeing what he missed today crossed his mind, but everyone would most likely be in some kind of sleep at this hour.

Hold on... Where's my book? Elrond's desk was void of any books about healing. There was one book sitting there that had all of the city records in it, but the desk was void of books otherwise. Elrond slammed his hand down on the desk in anger, growling.