Prompt 32: If you Were to Teach as a Career, What Would you Teach?

Elrond wandered down the halls of his fair city as the sun began to rise above the horizon, turning the walls of the city a shade of yellow orange. Not a soul to be seen... He smiled to himself as he looked out to see the blossoming flowers that inched their way up the stone walls and pillars. I like it that way. He grasped his hands behind his back and continued on his way.

He slipped out from the building into the gardens. The bright flowers and their scent filled the space. A light mist covered the velvety petals causing them to glow in the rising sun. This is why I came here. Elrond took a deep breath and sighed in pleasure. To get away from the hectic world of politics and be free. 

Under the trees he walked, watching all of the birds, hearing their songs, smelling the flowers, and lost in a world that was so different from the one that some many people lived in. I walk in a world of beauty and magic, he frowned, but it borders a land of death and despair. He walked in deep thought, only being pulled from them by a voice.

"My Lord Elrond," The lord looked up to see a black haired man sitting up in one of the trees, Erestor. The councillor gave a small smile to Elrond. "You should join me." The lord nodded,

"Why not." Elrond looked warily at the tree, sighing. Here goes nothing. The peredhil clambered up the tree to reach the branch that his head councillor occupied like a bird. Erestor slid down the branch as Elrond fell down by his side. I will never be good at that. He gave the tree a sideways glance before looking to Erestor. "What brings you out here this early, mellon nin?"

Erestor sighed, smiling grimly. "Just trying to get outside for a little while before I have to teach your twin terrors."

"That bad huh."

"Yeah," He sighed, rubbing his face in his hands. "Those two are pure chaos, I swear." My my, he never met my brother and I when we were young. "You would have made an excellent teacher, Elrond."

The peredhil blinked in surprise. "Me? Erestor, I don't think I could teach children. I can only spend so long in a closed room with my own family." The councillor chuckled dryly,

"Sure, I think that's just an excuse. You would make a wonderful teacher."

"I think I'm more of a storyteller than a teacher, Erestor." Erestor raised an eyebrow,

"But you tell stories of the Elder Ages, wonderous stories. That's what history is, Elrond. Telling stories of the past. You tell them well, I would have loved to have you as my history instructor." Elrond laughed,

"Says the elf that taught me history."

Erestor crossed his legs and looked to the library. "You should teach with me one day. You can tell stories and I can tell them what if to be learned from them." 

"If you wanted me to Erestor, I would be honored." The councillor chuckled,

"If anyone would be honored, it would be my students."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's no Glorfindel, but there is Erestor! 

Thank you guys so much, 2k views! I really am honored. I'm just glad that there are people out there who like to read what I write for a hobby and a passion. Once again, thank you guys so much.

~Megan