22: If I Looked Into Your Fridge, What Would I Find?

"You know mellon nin, you should take a break from working." Glorfindel sat on the edge of Lord Elrond's bed with Erestor by his side. The Head Councillor was interested in a book that was no doubt one of the oldest in the library. "Why don't we go and train-"

"Or we could always read a nice history book Lord Elrond." Erestor interrupted the Vanya with a blissful comment. Ai, what did I ever do to deserve such caring friends? Elrond looked up to see the annoyance written on Glorfindel's face as he looked over the Councillor. The Lord stifled a laugh which brought the attention of the two back to him.

"I see that you two are set upon dragging me from my work."

"Aye Elrond. Only because the sun has become a stranger to your face." Elrond sat the quill down before he looked up to Vanya. Erestor sat his book down to look his Lord in the eyes along with the Commander. 

"We only wish to free you of this dark little office filled with work and stress. We wish to help relieve you of some of your duties as Lord." Elrond chucked light-heartedly even though he could hear the truthful tone of his Councillor. 

"I have been doing this for years now, you should have no reason to worry for me." The two looked between each other before looking back to the Pheredhil who sat behind the wooden desk, so invested in his paperwork he did not see the mutual agreement the two had come too just in one glance.

"No reason or not, we worry for your health. It can not be healthy for you to sit in this stuffy office as much as you do." Glorfindel  slipped off of the bed and walked over the the Half-Elf who was still bent over his papers, but listening to every word the Vanya and the Councillor said. "How about a competition?" Elrond blinked but looked up to meet the blazing blue eyes of Glorfindel.

"I'm listening."

"A swordsmanship competition. You versus me. If you best me, you may shout it to the holy mountain, if you lose, you have to leave your stuffy office everyday until you best me in combat." Glorfindel's eye's glinted with excitement. 

"Truly Glorfindel, I am a healer and a lore master. What good does wielding a sword do me now?" The warrior backed away and shook his head with a soft chuckle.

"It seems as if our Lord has forgotten the wandering and war of his youth." Erestor looked over, puling himself from the book to join in on the conversation. 

"Why don't you face him Elrond, you have nothing to lose." Aye, nothing except hours I could use to finish my work. The raven haired lord pushed himself from his chair behind his desk to stand by the two who seemed to be more concerned with him that he would have liked.

"Ai Glorfindel, it seems I have no choice. Either I face you, or you will continue to try and drag me from my comfortable office until I sail on the white ships. Aye Commander, I accept your challenge." Glorfindel gave the Councillor a dazzling smile and a sweet sounding laugh. 

"I told you I could break him Erestor. Now Lord Elrond, let us see how well this room has benefited you in the long run." The Vanya walked out of the room with his chin held high. Elrond turned to Erestor,

"The way he talks and walks... He is the spitting image of a peacock." The young Advisor laughed to hear his lord jest so. It seems that my intelligent friend would agree with me.

"You should not call him such names Lord Elrond. He will kindly repay you. I would suggest that you gathered you sword, your wits, and your strength." The Councillor shook his head with out looking at the Pheredhil. "I have a feeling that you will be fighting with him more often." Elrond snorted in a very un-lordly manner as her grabbed his sword from a pedestal on the wall.

"I don't think that my swordsmanship has lessened over the years just because I have become more diplomatic." He reached for the door but turned back to see Erestor once again in his book. "Ai! You are coming with me because you were a part of this elaborate mess." With a sigh the Councillor closed his book and joined his pessimistic friend by the door.

        Elrond and Erestor walked out of the study into the hallway filled with paintings. Elves walked too and fro, coming and going to and from wherever they pleased. The two walked undisturbed down the winding paths of Imladris to go to the training year and find Glorfindel. I'll show him I'm fine in every way possible! They soon found themselves upon a field of dust where young warriors were training. Glorfindel was practising, his golden hair flying around him as he danced with the blade in hand. He turned to see the two coming and he regained his cocky mannerisms.

"There you two are. I though that you would have stayed in your study, never to come out." The last remark he pointedly stared at Elrond. "I see you have brought a sword, I hope this means we may begin?" Elrond ripped the sword from the sheath, causing a sweet ringing sound that the half elf loved so dearly.

"I'm ready when you are Glorfindel." With a good natured laugh the Vanya got into a battle stance and showed Elrond the steel of his blade. Unknown to Elrond his Councillor walked away from the battle about to take place.

          With one word the two elves locked themselves in combat. The clash of steel on steel could be heard all around the courtyard. Elrond soon found himself on the defensive, having to parry the older warrior's blows. Glorfindel knew he had Elrond right where he wanted him. The Vanya drove Elrond back a little every few blows, and before half of a hour went by, the match was nearing its end.

            Glorfindel put all of his weight into one final swing that sent Elrond's sword across the yard. Since his opponent had no sword Glorfindel knocked him to the ground with ease. Once the Lord was on the ground he held up his sword as if to kill him and Elrond put his hands in front of his face.

"I would never harm you." Glorfindel held out his hand which his younger took with a soft smile.

"Well, now that Elrond has learned his place, I say it is time for something to eat wouldn't you?" Erestor came back from his time away with a platter of different fruits. "The strawberries are for Elrond, I know how disappointed you must be Glorfindel." Glorfindel made a weird face, for he did not care for the red fruits.

"Aye, disappointed indeed. Though those fruits fill the kitchens." Erestor gave a small smile before sitting with his close friends, laughing, and eating what must have been the most abundant fruit in Rivendell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think this is the longest one yet! I hope you enjoy :3 Though, some may say it does not fit the prompt, I tried, and I all happy with the out come.

~ Megan