Prompt 29: What's the First Thing you do Every Morning? Why?

Elrond rubbed his eyes, the sun had barely come up. It was early in the morning, earlier than he normally woke up. Ai, even when I barely sleep at all I have to wake up early. He wrapped himself in the blanket on his bed and flopped back down. Not at all interested in waking up.

He sighed, rubbing his neck, and looking out of the window as the sky began to run with different shades of red and orange. Maybe I should get out of bed... Letting the thought roll around for a few minutes, the Half-Elf snorted. Rolling back over and rubbing his face in his pillow.

No reason to get up early I suppose. He closed his eyes, it was nice to be alone and unbothered.

There was a rather frantic knocking at the door for a few moments until the door was opened. "My Lord!" Glorfindel marched into the room in full armor. Sweet Valar, what happened now?

"Yes, Glorfindel?" I swear they know that I'm trying to sleep.

"The borders, they spotted something at the borders! I'm not sure what, the lad was in shock." Glorfindel shook his head. "I want you to come with me. You're a warrior trained by one of the Noldor's best swordsmen. If something crazy is out there. It will be better if I have a least one person who knows what he's doing." Compliments Glorfindel? I didn't know that would be your strategy this time.

"If you think so, then I will come with you." The Half-Elf sighed. I suppose that means no sleeping in.

Glorfindel crossed his arms, but smiled. "Wonderful! I knew I could count on you. Now, meet me out at the stables and make haste. I would be rather unhappy if you fell asleep again." The Commander winked and left through the door, more or less slamming it. Elrond winced from the amount of loud noise this early in the morning.

I really shouldn't be surprised anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, that happened. I'm sorry for the excessive amount of Glorfindel, you guys are probably getting sick of it. (God Megan, you can write about Glorfindel in MLW, leave 300 out if it!) For the record, I'm not trying to add shipping feelings in this, I just think of them as really good friends. Like..... Besties.

So, I'll try and do some other people. I have plenty more so I suppose there is enough "prompt" to go around. :3

~Megan (Who likes writing about Glorfindel and Elrond a little too much) Earendillion.