10: What did you get in Trouble for Most When you Were a kid?

Hey Guys! This is number 10! A milestone in getting 300. Because of that (and the prompt) I will have it in Glorfindel's P.O.V.! So sit back, grab some pop corn, and read a story!

~Megan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Glorfindel had taken care of children before, he enjoyed doing so. Yet children were either angles or devils and it changed sometimes. When Serion fell Ereinion wanted him to take care of the youngest of the two sons of Earendil and for a while Glorfindel was anything but happy to do so. Yet, here I am with a smile on my face. I guess I was wrong. He had the elfling in his care for roughly twenty minutes and he didn't want to give him back to Ereinion. That being said, that didn't mean there weren't times that he wanted to give the kid away.

        Elrond was adventurous and that got him in problems. Ranging from breaking things to gaining some powerful enemies. Tapestries ripped, painting scrapped, glass shattered, these things kept the Balrog Slayer on his toes. That and the fact that Ereinion said that if he couldn't keep track of  the child he would give him to someone else, and Glorfindel had grown too fond of him to lose him.

        The child wasn't fazed by lectures. He was afraid of displeasing Glorfindel, that was easily seen, but sometimes his curiosity made him forget this. He wanted to know as much as he could, but he never liked pushed the boundaries or crossing the lines, but Elros made him forget those things too. When they were together a mild mannered child became a monster. This is where Glorfindel's problems stemmed from. It wouldn't be a problem, but they are twins. They don't like being apart, the only time when they aren't in trouble. 

        Glorfindel had been dealing with a lot that day. He had hoped for no trouble but of course that was never possible with a Pheredhil in his life... Again. He had been dealing with some rude soldiers and it was frustrating but Glorfindel was a Lord and he had learned how to stay calm through everything but he wanted to kill the ellon. Coming back to his room to hear about something that the twins did might push him over the edge.

        Of course that's what happened. He came back in the dark after a hard day of trying to give a thick headed ellon instructions. Glorfindel came into his gold and white room long after the sun had set. There was no one there and Glorfindel was ready to tell someone to go find Elrond, bring him back here, and then get ready to go to bed. But that was futile. Something would happen that would require his immediate attention. 

        "Lord Glorfindel. King Gil-Galad would like to see you in his office." One of the sweet little elleths from down the hall that worked for Ereinion opened the door a little to summon him.

        "I will be there in a few moments." He walked over to the door and opened it fully. She was very young, perhaps she had met her majority just a few years ago. Glorfindel wouldn't know such things though. "Thank you mellon nin." She did a little bow before walking away. No doubt those two did something and Ereinion caught them. With a sad sigh he quickened his pace to Ereinion's office. With a knock on the door he found what he had believed, to be true.

        "Your half-elf broke another one of the vases." Glorfindel closed his eyes and took a deep breath before the looked down to meet the eyes of the twins. "Which one it was I'm not to completely sure, but I assumed that you could get that information for me." The older of the two stared boldly back at Glorfindel while the younger wouldn't even meet his gaze.

        "Well, make it quick. Which one of you did it." Elros pointed at his brother who finally looked up to meet Glofindel's gaze and slunk back the moment he did. "Elrond. Come with me." Without another word Glorfindel went back into the hall but he could hear the tapping of the elfling's footfalls. "So, you broke it."

        "N-no father I didn't do it!" Glorfindel growled,

        "If you didn't do it who did!?" The older elf snapped at the elfling. Elrond, who had never seen Glorfindel mad yelped and put his back to the wall. Glorfindel turned away from him and took another deep breath. He could hear the rapid breathing of the elfling as well as the rapid beat of his heart. "I'm sorry child. This entire day has been chipping away at me. From morn to dusk I have been losing myself." Glorfindel looked down and the half-elf had his arms around his legs and tears in his eyes. 

        Glorfindel smiled sadly before bending down on one knee and wrapping his arms around the child as well. "Even if you did break the vase, I'm sure you didn't mean too." Elrond pulled away from from him just a bit and nodded. Glorfindel pulled him back and gave him a kiss on the forehead. He picked him up and went back down the hall to his rooms knowing that it would happen again tomorrow.