28: Have you Ever Lived in Another Country Besides Your County of Birth?

Full prompt: Have you ever lived in another country besides your country of birth? Would you want to?
FYI: I'm calling Middle Earth and Valinor continents, not countries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elrond didn't remember his home very well. His first home. It sunk beneath the waves before I could see it again. Elrond looked closer at the map on the table and crossed his legs. He leaned back against the back of the chair and sighed. I wonder if anyone can explain what happened. 

He straightened up and looked over the map. All of my homes, all of them except Rivendell and Mithlond have gone under. He traced the map with his fingers, stopping over Serion and over Himring. Everything I have turned to dust and blew away.

He had been in many different places, none he loved more than his city. Rivendell and Mithlond, the Grey Havens, they are where I belong. He had been in Himring, he had been in the different cities of Gondor. Still, Eriador was his home.

I love this land and I love it's people. Celebrimbor did as well. I guess we had more in common than we thought. Elrond twisted Vilya around on his finger uneasily. It's a scary thought.

He had lived in Beleriand, but it was no more. That will always be home as well. How could I ever only pick one? Beleriand... It will always be the more tragic of the two. If only....

Elrond shook his head and leaned back, completely, into his chair. It would have sunk anyways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one wasn't all that spectacular. I'm sorry, I feel like I should have written more but I didn't know what else to write. 30 will be longer, I promise. <3
I can't believe I'm saying this, this story has over 1k views! Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read this story! I still can't believe it, I'm shocked every time I look at that count. You guys, all of you, make me feel so special. I love you guys! <3

~Megan