17: What Area of Your Life do you Tend to Enjoy in Excess Instead of Moderation?

Ok, just a quick little thing, I did a little reading before writing this and I found that there are 7 areas of life. This may or may not change between people, but I'm going to stick with the seven areas and go from there. I chose three, so I guess I just say what I chose now and you can agree or disagree with me. Family, Mental, Vocational. Those are what I chose now let's move on from the boring stuff into something a little more interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         Elrond was board out of his mind. He had played three rounds of what he and Glorfindel called Battle-Setting before the Vanya gave up and marched off, he read a book, and he finished off the rest of his paperwork and found himself stuck in the same place he was when he woke up this morning. What do I do now?

        Of all the things he could do, he had run out of ideas. Glorfindel was most likely going to not want to do anything with him. Erestor was working. I suppose another book could see me until dusk. Around the time the sun set he had planned to go riding with his companions because they all enjoyed the night time scenery and Erestor was free from the library for once. 

        Uninterested in the books he kept on his bookshelf the Lord of Rivendell went to see Erestor and hear about the new shipments of books, scrolls, and tomes or whatever else he had happened to get. A quick walk and he found himself among the tall shelves of books. Myth, legend, tale, acount, they're all here. My library has to be the largest in Middle-Earth!

        Elrond took a lot of pride in being a well learned man. He also took a lot of pride in having things that other people did not. Aglos, Narsil, Vilya, Hadafang, my house is filled with legendary items. He took pride in his level of intelligence as well. He measured it by looking at who he could beat in a good mach of the fake game that he and his body gaurd adouard. 

"Erestor." He walked up to the black haired ellon who ran the large Library of books that Elrond had gotten over the years. People have to gift me with something I suppose. The Librarian looked up from a large stack of books to see his Lord.

"Good afternoon Lord Elrond. What brings you here? I though you were playing a game with Glorfindel. Battle Creation? Battle-"

"Setting. Battle-Setting. We finished not too long ago. Yet, that is besides the point. I was wondering if you got any new books?"

"Ah. I see..." Erestor looked like the only thing that he "could see" was that his Lord had gotten so board that at some point that he made up a battle game with a Balrog slayer. "I did get in a new book today though." Erestor bent down and rummaged through a few things that sounded like papers but be it far from Elrond to care what his friend was rummaging through. The Noldor popped back up with a large book in his hands. 

"It looks like a long book."

"Not truly, it is a collection of puzzles." Well, my interest had been peaked. "I got it thinking you would find it... interesting." He handed the book over to Elrond who paged through it with curiosity.

"Thank you mellon nin, I do indeed find it eye catching." 

"Well, go and figure it out. No doubt you'll be back in an hour." With in a time frame that seemed shorter than on the way here the Lord was back in his office flipping through the book. I wonder how hard this actually is. So Elrond curled up in his bed with the book and sat doing puzzles. Word puzzles, mazes, straigies, paradoxes, it was in there. 

"Elrond?" The Lord looked up to see Glorfindel standing in his doorway. The Vanya was wearing riding clothes and he had his quiver on his back with the bow in his hand. "You weren't at dinner." The Pheredhil looked out the window to see the sun was setting. 

"Ah... I wasn't paying attention. It seems that I spent too much time on the mental games."

"Sometimes it's hard to just enjoy in moderation." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eh.

~Megan