4: Write a Diary Entry, Dated 10 Years in the Future.

Elrond was working hard to clean out his rooms. Going through papers, clothes, really anything that was a pile and took up space. Which was half of his room. I would rather be taking stock than doing this. Sitting in his desk chair and looking through a large stack of parchment.

"Taxes of Lindon" No.

"Grain Stock of the First Age" Uh, no way.

"An Elvish Love Story" Wait.... What! Elrond threw that particular piece of parchment into his fireplace before continuing down the line.

"First Age" That parchment was labeled vaguely and wasn't too old compared to some of the things Elrond had found. Sounds like me to give it such a simple title I forget what it is. Though, it was odd that the wax seal had never been broken, he read all of the letters that were given to him.

        Taking a letter opener he broke the wax seal and laid back in his chair to read whatever he had labeled so badly.

Dear Future Self,

I'm not sure why I'm doing this other then the fact that Glorfindel told me that looking back on your past was fun. I think that was a lie so he would get me to stop pacing. He told me I would pace a rut in his floors! I don't think that's possible. Elros is going to become a King of Men in a few weeks while I have stay in Mithlond and work on "social etiquette". Not that I'm complaining, because that is wrong in this amazing study, but I don't see how it is at all important. Maybe by the time I've found this I'll realize that it is as important as Ereinion says, or maybe I realize that I was right and it doesn't matter. I guess only you know. Ereinion also told me that I spoil my horse too much, you wouldn't agree with that would you? Nah, I know you wouldn't. I suppose I should go and try to pace a rut into Glorfindel's floor, prove to him that it isn't possible.

Mellon nin,

Master Elrond

        By the end of the letter Elrond was sporting a wild smirk. He remembered all of this. No past self, social etiquette still has no worth to me. He shook his head slowly with alight chuckle as he thought about pacing on Glorfindel's floor, taking social classes with Ereinion, all the little things he had done when he was younger.

        The door to his rooms was swung upon by none other then the very man that had been occupying his mind.

"You are supposed to be finishing this, not reading and giggling to yourself!" The golden haired balrog-slayer marched in as he always did. Uninvited. "What are you reading anyway?" Glorfindel snatched the parchment from the younger master and read it over.

"If you must know Glorfindel, it is a letter I wrote to myself under your instruction."

"Aye, I remember this. You were threatening to pace a rut in my floor unless I made you sit and do something."

"Yes.... I'm sure there would have been a rut in you floor."

"You don't believe me!?" Glorfindel shot Elrond a half surprised and annoyed look before shoving the paper in his hands. "I suppose it doesn't matter anyway. Just do what you were told." With that the warrior of Gondolin marched out of the room leaving Elrond who once again was sporting a grin to some demeanor. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that was interesting...............

~Megan