3: What is Your Favorite Work of art? What do you Love About it?

He had been looking over this picture for longer then normal. He hated that picture, but he loved it at the same time. It is a weird relationship. He mused. The painting dredged up bad memories of the Second Age and for that Elrond resented the picture of Isildur battling Sauron. 

        Elrond was one of the few people who was there and saw King Ereinion fall. My King, my friend, my father... Elrond was glad that he had no pictures of Ereinion's fall or he would not Be able to walk where ever it hung. He remembered Isildur's father in the battle as well. Elendil was his name. Good King Elendil. Elrond had gotten along well with the King of men, almost as well as he had gotten along with his brother.

        Elendil is not Elros though. Some days he hated this painting most of all. He hated Isildur for not believing him on the mountain, he hated Sauron for killing the last of what he considered his family, he hated the entire battle, and some days he did not. Some days it was a battle, and people die in battles. 

        Though, no matter how true that statement was it unnerved him that even though about like that. People always told me I was too afraid of conflict. It was true and Elrond himself embraced the fact that he wanted to stay out of war. Why must we kill each other? It was a deep question that Elrond had always wanted an answer to, but he never got one that cured his desire to know. They all seemed... wrong to him.

        Oh well. I suppose the world will never know the source of their contempt. The half elf shook his head and looked over to the shards of the sword. Will we ever know a King that rules true? There were no footsteps to introduce the elf who came in, but his raspy breath told a story of its own.

"Lord Elrond," The young ellon panted was he bowed to his better. "Your sons have returned with the last of Arathorn's tribe... The King is dead!" Elrond looked back to the painting, the best ones never last, before looking back to the ellon.

"Take me to my sons." The ellon bowed and took his lord from the room. Yet even as Elrond was away from Isildur, he felt as if the picture saw his every move. His heir... He pushed the thought away, but the feeling never left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yup! The beginning of bringing hope to Rivendell. Little Estel (Aragorn) has finally come.... kinda. Well..... this one doesn't really fit the prompt all that well does it? Oh well, I tried, and trying is all that matters.

~Megan