6: Write About Something Presently in Your Life That is "Worth it."

Elrond held the crown in his hand. Thumbing it as he had no words to describe how he felt. When Ereinion called him into his office after supper he assumed he had done something wrong such as forgetting a letter he had to write, breaking something, or just getting a general lecture. Getting promoted was the last thing he had ever considered. 

        True, Ereinion had hinted towards giving him a promotion most of the year but Elrond thought they were all bad jokes. Yet, now here he was with a crown in hand and a new title. Lord... they are going to call me Lord now. They said he would be getting a bigger room, a little more freedom, and a lot more work to do. Not like that bothered him. Elrond enjoyed working for the most part. There were just those few unpleasant tasks that he had to do. Still, he never complained, at least not openly. 

        This, this is worth all of the problems I have ever had to deal with. Being trusted by the King enough the basically run his kingdom by his side is the biggest honor I could ever imagine having. They had gotten him a pair of robes as well, but being head healer he was no stranger to the things. 

"I trust this won't be too hard to handle, being my Herald as well as the Head of the Healing Wing, correct?" Ereinion smiled in a concerned sort of way. Elrond closed him mouth and placed the silver circlet in his hair.

"No my King, I will be honored to run the Kingdom by your side." Ereinion pulled his new Herald into a embrace before realizing that he had forgotten something important that he had meant to ask. Pushing away quickly and straightening his robes he faced the young half elf with another thing he meant to ask of him.

"Elrond... You have been here sense the First Age and I have grown immensely fond of you. You are the son of my heart." The King turned away and walked to his desk to pull a roll of parchment from the cluttered top. "I wish to make you my heir."

        He wants me to be his heir? He wants me to be king? "I-I'm flattered Ereinion." The King of the Noldor smiled once again at his young Herald.

"I am not trying to flatter you Elrond. But I wish to know if you will take me up on my offer or not." Elrond blinked, unsure. Yet there was no person in this world who cared more about him than the King.

"I will be your heir if you truly think I could be." Ereinion pulled him into another warm embrace.

"I wouldn't ask you unless I thought you could." The King guided him to his desk and pulled out a quill and a bottle of black ink. He sighed the top signature first and handed it off to Elrond after a few delicate strokes. He placed his signature below the kings. This was worth everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This has to be my favorite of all of the stories I have written so far! I love Ereinion and Elrond <3

~Megan