twelve

"Walk!" yelled the harsh voice of her father. 

The sound of metal whip clinking against the ground as it did forcing a 4-year-old Eli to hide her shudder because he didn't like it when his creations showed weakness. She could feel a specific stare at her as she walked, and once again she had to force herself not to look up to meet the eyes of her mother. 

The overall want and need for her to look at her with something other than disappointment were there, so she spared a glance. Her mother's green eyes stared at her with not even a hint of sympathy in her face, not that Eli knew what sympathy really looked like at the time.

"Head down!" yelled the familiar harsh voice, and suddenly a whipping was heard. 

Blistering hot pain engulfed Eli's body as she let out a mind-numbing scream as the metal whip cracked against her back. She choked on her own sobs, her body aching, pleading with her not to get up again, but she couldn't listen to it. So instead she stood up and began to walk once more. 

The whip was thin enough to make sure it didn't create too big of a wound at once, just to keep her going. 

Her father watched her, waiting and hoping for her to make a mistake, and Izumi, Eli's mother, watched in mild boredom as the little girl timidly walked across the room and eventually had made it to the other side. 

"See? See how well things go when you just listen?" her father, Jaden asked, his tone of voice suddenly tipping to sound like he cared about her. 

This proceeded a few more times, and Eli was hit 5 more times with the whip before they were done. Eli's body shook twitched every so often as she laid on the ground. The ground and her back felt sticky, but she couldn't bring herself to move away from it. Her body twitched involuntarily, making Eli let out a loud whimper every time her back moved. 

She blinked once, then twice, and when she went to blink a 3rd time she felt herself be picked up from the ground, and a syringe was put in her arm. 

This time she didn't blink. 

·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙ ˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙

Eli awoke with a gasp. Sweat stuck to her skin and to her clothes making her look hastily move around to get the comforter off, hating the access heat on her skin. Then she heard a groan, making her look over to see Izuku. 

It was then she noticed how he clung to her arm. 

Through her sweaty and uncomfortable state, she chuckled lightly before she urged herself to breathe in and out as to at least calm herself down. She appeared over at the clock to see that it was rather early, 5:23 am. 

Trying to wipe the tired from her only worked so much before she wormed her arm out of Izuku's hold and moved the comforter back on him before kissing his forehead before she got up with a small grunt.

Grabbing some clothes, she jumped in the shower and put on something similar to her large sweats and long-sleeve shirt before she was walking down the hall towards the stairs to go downstairs and maybe start on some work. 

Though, passing by Katsuki's on the way. Her footsteps came to a halt as she heard quiet sobs and something that sounded like choking. Worry overcame her, and she didn't waste time opening the door quietly to see Katsuki laying in his bed.