twenty-one

Eli sat at a meeting table with a hard look in her as she stared at the projection of the video before her, Shouta, Hizashi, Nemuri, Toshinori, Nezu, and Detective Tsukauchi. The video was recorded from the glasses Hitoshi had worn on the day that she and her siblings had gone to retrieve Shoto. 

In front of all the heroes, were copies of the files she'd gotten from Izu. Gasps were heard as they watched Endeavour advance towards Shoto before they saw Eli step in front of him. The video goes on, and they watch silently as it does before it ends and the lights in the room flickered on.

It was silent for a while before shuffling was heard from Nezu as he looked through the files. 

"What the fuck," Shouta mumbled under his breath. 

"Exactly," Eli said as she rubbed her eyes tiredly. She'd spent the last few nights doing her own research, having better access to certain files since she was Pro-Hero, though taking care to cover her tracks so no one knew she was looking for anything on someone as prestigious as the no. 2 hero. 

"This is what I'd been meaning to talk to you about Young Eli," Toshinori spoke up. Eli looked up at him, remembering his text message, never getting around to answering especially with the Sports Festival and the Shoto situation going on. 

"What do you mean Toshinori-san?" Nezu asked. 

"During the 1st year's Sports Festival, I'd tried to talk to him about raising the next generation. He said something rather disturbing when I complimented Todoroki on his success with just using his right side, he said he was in a 'rebellious phase' and called him his creation," Toshinori explained, his eyes glowing blue in obvious rage. 

A shiver went through the room at the word choice.

"Fucking bastard," Hizashi's grumbled under his breath, tightly holding Shouta's hand underneath the table. 

Her hands balled into his fist, and Shouta, who was now healed reached over and placed a soft hand over hers, eyeing the bandages on her hands before his eyes flicked back to the papers before him. 

"Izu, Hitoshi, and Kat had explained to me that Shoto was deadset on not using his left side to reject his father. And he told me that the conversation they had during their fight at the Sports Festival was him trying to convince Shoto that his Quirk was his and not his father," Eli started, All Might balling his fist up, his body steaming up a bit as his anger grew. 

"And he even told me about the way Endeavour confronted him about his Quirk's similarity to yours and apparently he told him that no matter what Shoto would surpass him," Eli finished, her eyes glowing red, but luckily her hair hadn't begun to float and popped out of her hairband. 

Toshinori's frown deepened at that, having to stop himself to stop the steaming before he poofed into his buff form. Nezu glared at the table in front of him before his eyes went back to the group around him, his anger evident behind the threateningly kind smile he put on. 

"I suggest speaking with Shoto's mother. From what I can see here from the payment stubs given to Rei Todoroki's family over the years are completely separate from the hospital bills. With some legal digging I'm sure we can find proof of him paying them off. We also should get in contact with the other Todoroki children to get statements for them and to see if we can convince them to testify against their father. I'd even say that we should consider reopening the Touya Todoroki case. Considering whether or not Endeavour chooses to sue for kidnapping, I'm sure we can use this video to explain the circumstances of the situation at hand, especially considering the video picture and actual pictures of the bruises on Todoroki-san's body. Though I still do suggest we file for custody rather quickly under the child domestic abuse laws quickly if Endeavour decides to put this directly in the public eye, which I'm sure he'll do," Nezu explained thoroughly.