forty-seven

·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙ ˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙

How many times had Eli been to this hospital?

And how many more times was she going to have to be here?

Himiko was the only one who'd been able to get away from her kidnappers, but she still suffered from a sprained ankle, a mild concussion, and a couple of cuts and bruises. An old friend of hers was in custody, as they'd been financially forced to join the League. 

Not many places are willing to hire felons.

Eli could barely look at her. She'd been out for a couple of hours now, and Eli could tell herself to do nothing but make sure she was alright. She wanted to get out there and look for them, to tear the entire city apart until she found them, but she couldn't do that.

Not with Himiko laying here like this.

Not with too many questions swirling in her head.

Not when Hisashi Midoriya was supposed to be serving at least 10 more years in prison for multiplier charges of aggravated arson.

With a sigh, Eli moved closer to Himiko, moving some of the girl's hair out her face gently before she calmly began to comb it out. It must've gotten messy during the attack. Her lip wobbled as more tears threatened to break from her eyes, and she didn't care to stop any from falling.

She'd been crying all morning, mourning, screaming, and lashing out.

But Himiko was hope. Hope that the others would be okay.

'Or was she just lucky?' Eli's mind trailed off.

No.

"No," Eli voiced softly, urging her frozen hands to continue their task. She shook her head and took a deep breath before her hands moved again to comb her bang.

The sound of the hospital door opening alerted her, and she turned around to see Keigo. He smiled a pitiful smile before he walked over. He had a cup in his hand, a small backpack, and a blanket thrown over his shoulder.

"Here, I got you some clothes, I know you don't like wearing that thing for long," Keigo told her as he softly set the bag down.

"Milk tea," he said as he sat it on the small table beside her before he went on to fold the blanket in half and set it on top of the back of the chair that Eli had been sitting in.

Eli nodded in thanks, unsure of what to say as she untangled her hands from Himiko's hair.

"Thank you Kei, it means a lot, really," she replied softly, wearing a fake soft smile.

Keigo saw through it immediately and his hand raised to hold the side of her face gently. He wore a small smile, his although real which stopped her in her tracks. For a moment she allowed herself to become entranced with him, but only for a moment.

"You don't have to do that.." he told her.

Her eyes diverted away from him, almost ashamed at her attempt, but he just shook his head.

'There will never be a right time will there?' he thought.

With a sigh, he pulled her forward, and his lips touched her forehead softly before he wrapped his arms around her. He embraced her with all that he had, held her so tightly, so tenderly that she began crying all over again.

"Don't worry, we'll find them," he told her.

For a while, Keigo stood there holding her, allowing her to clutch onto him like he was the last thing she had while Touya did his best to subtly distract Kota.