twenty-eight

When Eli walked into the hospital room, she certainly didn't expect to see Hosu's chief of police there. Himiko who'd she went and got from home was next to her and clutched her hand tightly as she stared.

Himiko was wary of the police. 

"Oh, Midoriya-san!" said Gran Torino, turning the attention to her and Himi. 

"I see you boys are up now, feeling any better," she asked as Himiko immediately ran to where Shoto was and presented him with the stuffed animal she'd made him, which he took with a huff and a small blush. 

"Y-yea, sorry," Izuku said rubbing his head. Eli just smiled at him. 

"As a Pro, I have to be upset that you disregarded the rules... but as your sister, when you guys get back we're having your favorites," Eli winked. 

Izuku chuckled as he reached out to hold her hand, which she took before she set down the bag on the bed. It had some clothes for both Izuku and Shoto in them since they were going to be discharged this morning. 

"Eli-sensei," Iida called, making her look over at him with a sad smile. 

"I apol-" he tried, but she cut him off. 

"You don't have to say you're sorry. Not to me, anyway. I should be the one apologizing, I should've followed up with you the minute I heard of what happened to your brother, and I'm sorry for that," Eli told him with a nod. 

"But you know Iida, I meant it when I said you can always talk to me," Eli said, sporting a kind smile. 

Iida's eyes teared up, and he smiled a bit, nodding. She pulled him into a small hug, feeling his breath of relief as she did so before she let him go. 

"Midoriya-san, we've already explained to them what's going to happen," the Pro, Manuel said. 

"Ah, I feel kind of bad though. I mean, you guys did all the work," Eli said ruffling Iida's hair, and he could help but wear a smile at the small actions. 

It was decided that Eli would take the credit so that Iida and Izuku didn't get in any real trouble from fighting off Stain. It also made the most sense since the news kind of caught Eli knocking him out, and catching him before he fell. 

"But, it wouldn't technically be a lie," said a familiar voice, the no. 3 hero prancing into the room with his hands slung into his jacket pockets. 

"We all saw that little thing you did to take him down," Hawks said, acting as if Izuku wasn't right beside Eli freaking the fuck out the presence of the hero. 

"And so did the news apparently," Shoto said waving his hand with his phone in it. 

"Oh gods, so much for being 'underground'," Eli said rolling her eyes. 

"Y-y-y-y-" Izuku's incessant stuttering was cut off by Eli rubbing his back softly, this getting him together. 

"You're Hawks! Oh my gosh, I can't believe it! You're like my 4th favorite hero!" Izuku basically squealed. 

"Jeez, 4th place? Must be a tough competition," Hawks chuckled. 

"You have no clue," Eli said as she moved her hair out of her face and gave a wink to Hawks. 

One, he found himself blushing at. 

She used a huge band and tied her hair into a bun, and sighed as she sat on one of their bed, a bit irritated that she was still wearing her hero costume.