eighteen

A nervous Izuku walked beside Hitoshi and an irritated Katsuki out on the field, watching as the thousands of people watched him and hundreds of other students. He still didn't know how to feel about Shoto's declaration of war against him. 

He knew that Shoto's father was no. 2 hero, Endeavour so that undoubtedly had something to do with it. He made a mental note in his head to do some... research about Endeavour just to reassure himself. He knew that his sister saw Shoto how she saw him and his brothers, and Izuku couldn't help the worry he felt in his chest.

Eli sat in between Himiko and Hizashi, who sat next to Shouta who was still wrapped in bandages. She stared down excited at the students, especially at her own students. 

Fuck it, she was attached and biased. 

It is what it is at this point. 

Part of the reason Hisashi even invited her to be in the box with them so she wouldn't be in the stands screaming her head off with a giant poster he was sure she at least contemplated making. 

He was right, and Himiko had it rolled up beside her on the ground. 

"Hey! Pay attention audience! Swarm, mass media! This year's high school rodeo of adolescence that you all love, the U.A Sports Festival is about to begin! Everybody, are you ready!?" Hizashi yelled into the microphone, making a flurry of hand gestures that made Himiko giggle. 

And so the Sports Festival began, and Midnight took the stage as Eli and Himiko sneakily made eye contact with one another. 

"We're gonna go to the bathroom before the festival starts, be right back,"  Eli whispered in Hizashi's ear who nodded with a smile and a thumbs up. 

Shouta watched as Himiko sneakily grabbed the poster and they headed out, rolling his eyes at his oblivious husband before the both of them left the speaker box. 

She and Himiko giggled as they made their way to the stands in a hurry, so that they wouldn't miss anything, making it to the seating area where the rest of the class would sit right as Katsuki made his way to the stage after Mightnight had announced them. 

"Ready?" Eli asked, already crouching down to the floor. 

"Yeah!" Himiko cheered, climbing up on Eli's shoulder steadily before Eli stood up.

Neither of them paid attention as they took their small formation, Himiko hurrying to take off the rubber band from the poster before uncurling it and holding it out. 

"I pledge...that I'll be number 1," Katsuki said boldly.

Eli could only sigh as the students booed and yelled at him but still, she chuckled at his spirit. Even though he wasn't the same little bully of a kid, he was still the cocky kid she remembered from years ago.

"Oh, that's quite bold!" Hizashi announced. 

"Oh! Looks like you guys already have yourselves a set of...fans, oh my god," Hizashi announced excitedly before he trailed off as he saw the 2 familiar faces. 

The media panned to Eli and Himiko who cheered from their box. Himiko sat on Eli's shoulder with a wide poster that said 'YOU GOT THIS!' with a small 'go class 1A' in the corner. Their class couldn't help their laughs as they watched their TA and her little sister cheer for them. Eli with her hair done without it covering her face showing off her toothy grin and Himiko, who smiled widely above her. Eli grinned as she saw Mei looking at her before pointing her finger at her with a thumbs up. Mei laughed wildly as she waved at her from the ground. 

Katsuki had to speed walk off the stage to hide his wide eyes and the growing blush on his face. 

The Festival officially started when it was announced that they start with an obstacle race. Eli watched with pride as Izuku activated his Quirk, green lightning appearing around his body, a move that he called Full Cowling which allowed him to use 5-7% of One for All without breaking anything.