Ch: 2 ☀️

Mew's POV

Fuck

Gulf didn't know what he was doing to me, that much was clear. If he had just pushed a little further, asked me a little more...

How much longer would I be able to stave off this temptation?

It was no secret that Gulf was a beautiful young man. With his honeyed skin, long wavy dark hair, and piercing dark eyes, he was everything that a man could want. But I couldn't want him. I couldn't, not if I wanted to keep my job and my head. Mr. Kanawut would kill me if he knew the thoughts I had about his son and the desires I had to suppress every day.

I sank down into my bed, my head in my hands. What was I supposed to do about this? There was nothing for me in a life where I was with Gulf like he wanted. Maybe we would have a few short weeks of bliss, and then his father would have my head. He would tear me limb from limb. He would sacrifice me to whatever god he worshipped and send the remaining pieces to my family.

My family did not deserve to see their son in a box. I knew going in the danger of such a fate in this line of work, but I never would have expected it might be my employer who put me there. Leonard Kanawut was a ruthless man, though, and he wouldn't stand for any kind of insubordination.

My phone rang, and I looked down to see who it was, Speak of the devil. His name flashed in blaring white letters against my phone background. I picked up immediately, not wanting to keep him waiting

"Sir?"

"Mew, how are you doing tonight?" For a second, my heart skipped a beat in my chest. Was there a chance that be had seen what had gone on between Gulf and me? No, it couldn't be. I would just have to play it cool. He couldn't blame me if I rejected his son's advances, right?

"Fine, sir. We just had dinner."

"Good, good. I forgot to tell you earlier, but there's an art opening that I would like you to bring my son to. There's a good friend of mine who I want him to meet."

"Yes, sir."

"I'll send you the address. I expect you to be there within the hour, understand? Make sure Gulf looks presentable. He should understand how important this is."

"Of course, sir."

"Good, I'll see you then." He hung up, and I let out a breath that I didn't know I had been holding. So, he didn't know what had happened. Or at least he didn't care. That was good.

I stood, mentally preparing myself to let Gulf know we wouldn't be staying in for the night. His father rarely summoned him on such short notice, so it had to be important. I didn't think he would like it, though. Once Gulf settled in for the night, he liked to stay in.

I should probably have some dinner, too, while he got ready. I was hungry, and the food that he had prepared had smelled good. I wished we could have had a normal dinner together.

I found Gulf in his room, sprawled out in his bed- still in that goddamn tight outfit- scrolling through something on his phone. He looked up as I entered, a confused expression on his face.

"What is it?" he demanded, Then his voice tuned back into one that was sweet and cat-like, "Have you changed your mind, after all?" he rolled over in a way that accentuated his luscious hips, and I had to suppress a groan.

I made myself look her in the eyes. "No. Your father called. There's an art opening that he wants us to go to. You should probably get changed."

He pouted. "What? Don't you like this outfit?"

"That's not the point. It's not appropriate for the event."

He let out a long sigh. "Fine. I guess I'll get changed then." He stood and took off the t-shirt, dropped it to the floor. I averted my eyes, but not before I glimpsed his body in all its glory.