Ch: 6 ☀️

Mew's POV

Did he know what he was doing to me? He had to. There was no way that little tempter couldn't see how I trembled when I got close to him and how my gaze always landed on his chestnut lips despite knowing that I couldn't touch them.

I didn't go to my bedroom as Gulf probably expected me to. I didn't want him to find me easily if he tried to follow me. That would be my undoing. Seeing him looking up at me, asking me what was wrong. Would I be able to hold myself back then?

I didn't intend to find out.

Instead, I headed out to the balcony where I could get some fresh air and overlook the city.

Gulf rarely came out here, mostly because he wasn't at peace with heights, and his apartment was high in the building. One time, I tried to convince him to come out there with me to eat breakfast in the fresh summer air, but he blatantly refused. I couldn't even coax him with waffles, which rarely failed to work.

Despite myself, I smiled at these images of him. I tried to shake them from my mind; it would do me no good to continue having thoughts of him like that. It would only aggravate the issue.

No, I had to push all thoughts of him from my mind. I couldn't think of his perfect smile or the way he tilted his head as he was painting, a few stray hairs escaping from styled hair falling over his forehead and eyes. I couldn't think of the deepness of his eyes or the daintiness with which he held a pencil to his mouth as he struggled through chemistry notes.

Who was I kidding? There was no way that I could stop thinking of him. I would have to make sure that a situation where I was tempted to kiss him like that never arose again. I would have to wipe any hopes from him mind that the two of us could ever be together.

I had always dealt will it before, though, hadn't I? What had changed so that, suddenly, it seemed so unmanageable for me to keep my hands off him for another second?

He had always been tempting, and he had always tried to work his magic on me, so it obviously wasn't that. There hadn't been anything that he had done that had made me see him any differently. I had been attracted to him from the very beginning.

But I had always lived in the knowledge that though I didn't get to have him, no one else had him, either. With the way his father was, there was no way that he could flirt with boys from school or go out clubbing and meet some handsome bachelor.

If he was going to have a boyfriend without his father threatening to kill him, it would have to be on his terms. Apart from flirting with me, he had always seemed to respect that. So, I hadn't really had to contend with the idea of him being with anyone else.

Then, the other night, Mark had come into the picture. He had come along with Gulf's father's outright approval, and Gulf had relished in Mark's attentions.

Yes, Gulf had been right. I was jealous. Even if he wasn't attracted to Mark, even if he didn't like Mark like that, I couldn't push away the fact that I was incredibly jealous. Him being with Mark the other night was the first time I had to consider the idea that Gulf might be with someone in that way. Someone who wasn't me.

That made me realize that I couldn't bear that, especially not when I hadn't even tried to give the two of us a shot. The more I thought about it, the more that I realized I didn't want him to be with anyone else, I wanted him to be with me.

Seeing him with Mark, seeing him flirt with Mark and watching Mark flirt with him, had awakened that realization within me. Now Gulf's body called to me stronger than within me. Now her stronger than before, begging me to break this tension, to seal the deal so that he wouldn't want to be with anyone else.