Chapter 2 ~ Dinner With The Hewitt's

Thomas Hewitt

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

Thomas' POV.

With each step, I took my heart press hard against my ribs. What do I do? What do I say to her without frightening her? My brain flooded with unending voice chatting in my head. "She's not gonna like. You know why because you're a hideous person in the world. No one would want to be your friend." I snapped out of when I was standing in the doorway of her room, & on the bed the girl. Was she...asleep?

I quietly approached her without waking her up. Once I got closer I could see more of her appearance. Her hair was the color of chocolate that was tied up in a ponytail; her skin was a light tan, but also soft looking like a daisy. And her lips were the color of pink, a very light pink that made my knees go weak. My arm slowly reaches out to her shoulder as I lightly shook it.

Suddenly her eyes were beginning to open as I saw that they were a sky blue colored eyes. Oh...they were the most...beautiful thing I have ever seen. Once she fully opened them, she frowned, & quickly jumped back farther away from me. "I knew it..." I thought to myself as I hung my head to the floor & walked out of her room, but before I could leave something warm, & soft grabbed my hand. I slowly looked down to see another pair of hands grabbing a hold onto me.

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

Maddy's POV.

Something touched my shoulder, lightly shaking me awake. I thought it was mama or dad that was waking me up. I must have dozed off. But as I fully got back my vision I noticed that it was neither of my parents, it was a boy, standing before me. What normal would do when they see a stranger is stumbled back, & so I did. Quickly stumbled back to the other end of the bed with my legs curled to my chest. I saw the sadness mixed anger on the boy's face as he turned to leave, but out of nowhere I just jumped out of my bed, ran up to him, & grabbed his hand. I felt his muscles tense up a bit, his hands shaky & sweaty. He turned his head, didn't fully turned his face towards, but I could see one side of his eyes that stared at me nervously; heck I was nervous myself for crying out loud!!!

"W-wait...don't go. Sorry that I scared or made you upset in some sort of way? You just...startled me, that's all." The boy's eyes widen, then darted nervously from me to the floor. "You must be Thomas, right?" The boy nodded his head; I frowned at him seeing that he didn't talk. "What's wrong? Can't you talk?" Thomas shook his head. I frowned sadly, but smiled, walked over to my bag, pulled out a piece of paper, a pencil, & handed it toward him. "Here, you can use this to talk...if you want," I said. Thomas gently took the paper & pencil, walk over to the desk, & scribbled something. After he was done he handed it back to me. The handwriting was neat but still childish.