Chapter 15 ~ Dance the Night Away

Thomas Hewitt

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy

Dedicate CkairvoyantMurder

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

Thomas' POV.

"Honey?!" Maddy called out to me. I was in the middle of cleaning & oiling my chainsaw, I placed my chainsaw on the work table & climbed up the stairs into the kitchen. My beautiful wife that I have been happily married to for 4 years now, doing the laundry inside since it was November, even though we're in Texas it still gets cold. "There you are. Could you please chop some firewood. It's getting chilly in here." I nodded my head as I went back downstairs, grabbed the axe, grabbed my jacket, but before I could leave Maddy gave me a quick kiss. "Don't stay out too long or you might catch a cold." She said as she gave me a butt love spank. Maddy gave me an innocent look.

Smiling back to her, I headed toward the woods near the farmhouse, & began chopping some trees down. Swinging my axe with full force I sliced through two logs.

After a while of chopping wood, I grabbed an arm full of chopped wood, & headed back to the house.

Once I got in, the kitchen's lights were turned off for some weird reason. Setting the wood beside, I flicked the lights on, when suddenly.

"SURPRISE!!!!" Everyone cheered. The entire family was here, I almost forgot that today was my birthday. I saw streamers hung from the ceiling, a sign that read 'Happy 27th Birthday Tommy!' A smile spread across my face, no on has ever done something like this in my entire life.

Tex came over to me, patted me on the back, & said. "This was Maddy's idea! We've been planning this for weeks right under your nose! Happy birthday, cousin." Tex said, I nodded my head as I walked over to Maddy, & gave her the biggest, grizzly hug I could possibly give her.

"I knew you would like the surprise, come on lets go have cake now." She said as she took my hand, guiding me to the living room.

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

Everyone gathered in the living where mama was showing everyone my embarrassing baby photos. Maddy & I were cuddling on the coach when suddenly.

"Speaking of babies, when are Maddy & Thomas gonna have a little bun in the oven?" Alfredo asked out loud, everyone grew silent as they all stared at us. Children? I looked down at Maddy as she was doing that exact same expression.

"Well...Thomas & I...haven't really thought of having kids yet." Maddy said nervously as a light shade of pink was on her face while playing with her hair. "We wanted to spend more time with each other before having kids to make up the last 13 years we were apart. Although..." She paused. "We've been married for 4 years now, right Thomas?" Nodded my head in agreement. It would be nice for Maddy & I to have a kid of our own, but I'm so afraid that the child would have my skin disease. I don't want my kid to have the same sad childhood that I had, I couldn't bring myself to do that. "I don't know. I think Thomas & I need to think more on it before we rush into it."

"Take as long as you need to, honey. It took me 8 years before I had my first born, & to be honest it was worth it. God gave me 3 beautiful baby boys." Anna said as she grabbed Tex's & Ticker's hands, rubbing them.

I noticed Maddy was in deep thought, thinking weather if we want to have a kid right now or not? Let's just say it's going to be an awkward night to discuss about it.

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

Later that night everyone scattered all over the house while Maddy & I were doing the dishes like we used to when we were kids. Suddenly someone shouted across the room. "Hey Thomas! Would you mind if I put on the radio? It's too quiet here." Ticker asked. I shook my head.

"Go ahead, Ticker. A little music wouldn't kill." Maddy replied as Ticker pressed the button to the old family radio. I liked a little music from time to time.

"Strumming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
Killing me softly with his song
Telling my whole life with his words
Killing me softly with his song..."

"Oh, I love this song!!!" Maddy said, very excitedly.

"I heard he sang a good song, I heard he had a style
And so I came to see him, to listen for a while
And there he was, this young boy, a stranger to my eyes..."

Smiling to myself as I hear my beautiful Maddy singing along. That song reminded me of Maddy, killing me softly with her song.

"Oh Thomas, come dance with me!" She said. I froze. Dance? I didn't know how to dance. Setting the plate back in the sink, dried my hands, & took Maddy's hand unsure of what to do.

"Strumming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
Killing me softly with his song
Telling my whole life with his words
Killing me softly with his song..."

Clueless on what to do, I took Maddy's hand & just spun her around. That was all I knew how to do. Soon after a while everyone seem to just joined in. Dancing, singing, laughing, having a grand old time.

"I felt all flushed with fever, embarrassed by the crowd
I felt he'd found my letters and read each one out loud
I prayed that he would finish, but he just kept right on..."

I start to noticed that Maddy's curly brown hair was all over the place as we in the midst of spinning around. Everything about her seemed very familiar. Her smile, her expression, everything. She reminded me of that exact same expression she made when we both made love to each other for the first time. My heart pounded hard against my chest; the world seemed to disappear around us as if it was just her & I. Just the two of us.

"Strumming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
Killing me softly with his song
Telling my whole life with his words
Killing me softly..."

Something in the pit of my stomach said that something is going to happen that will change both Maddy's & my life...forever.

"Strumming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
Killing me softly with his song
Telling my whole life with his words
Killing me softly, with his words..."

After the song was over everyone cheered & continued to dance to the next song. Maddy went off to dance with now 11 year old Henrietta. She was no longer shy anymore, she grew more confident over the last 4 years since her & Maddy meet. I was glad, Maddy was good with kids, & would make a wonderful mother. That thought made me smile even bigger.