Chapter 3 ~ Friendship To Last

Thomas Hewitt

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

"One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca

"The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
- Helen Keller

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
- C.S. Lewis

"A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow."
- William Shakespeare

"The best mirror is an old friend."

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

Maddy's POV.

My eyes fluttered opened as the sun peeked through the curtain. The warm summer breeze brushed against my bare skin, but something else brushed against my skin also. Felt like...human skin. I opened my eyes to meet face to face with Thomas.

I could have jumped out of the bed, but I was too tired, too comfortable to get up. And also for another reason I...kinda liked watching Thomas sleep. He looked to peaceful, & kinda...cute. I smiled to myself as I snuggled deeper into his chest. Suddenly I hear Thomas groaning, knowing that he was waking up. Thomas' eyes fluttered open as he meet mine, then his eyes bulged open, quickly sat up, leaning against the bed frame.

"Sorry Thomas. Did I scare you?" I asked, but he just shook his head. "That's good." I said, brushing his dark brown hair away from his chocolate brown eyes.

"Aww...Isn't that cute." A voice called out. Thomas & I both turned our heads toward the door to see Charlie standing there with his arms crossed. He looked over at Thomas, have him a wink with a thumbs up.

"Leave them be, Charlie." Luda Mae light smacked Charlie on his arm as he was shooed away, then went back to us. "Breakfast is on the table downstairs." Luda Mae said, disappearing from sight.

"Come on Thomas, lets go eat so we can play outside." I said. "I'll race ya." I giggled as we both dashed down the steps, & ran into the dining room. Dad, Charlie, & even Uncle Monty were reading the newspaper while mama & Luda Mae were sitting at the table, drink a cup of coffee.

Thomas & I both sat next to each other & stuffed our faces. What could I say? Luda Mae's cooking is to die for!!!

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧