Chapter 10 ~ The Sawyers

Thomas Hewitt

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

Narrator POV.

Maddy woke to a strange voice she had never heard before. Whoever it was, spoke really fast.
"She's pretty. She's pretty. How'd he get her?"

"Who knows?"

"I want her. If Thomas doesn't want her, I want her."

She opened her eyes to see a man with pale white skin & a metal plate stuck in the side of his head. Startled, Maddy screamed as loud as she could. She turned her head to see a man with some sort of hook or claw for a hand. She screamed louder. "Nice voice." Someone said. "She screams loud."

Maddy saw a weird looking man with one foggy-looking blue eye. "Thomas!" She screamed. Thomas came running into the bedroom, letting the door slam open. He growled as the other three nervously left. He gently pulled her close to help make her feel better. "Who are they?" Maddy asked. "They scared me." She looked around ready to get up when she remembered...last night. She quickly covered herself while she gave out a shriek.

Thomas knew what she was doing, pushed everyone out of the room, & closed the door behind him. Maddy peered over the covers to see everyone gone. She sighed, got up, put on a yellow sundress. Once she was done she stepped out of the room to see Thomas sitting on the floor. "What are you doing, Thomas?" She said. He got up, grabbed her hand, & lead her downstairs to the dining room. It was crowded with people Maddy had never seen before.

"Um...hello?" She said. Everyone looked up to see her.

"Oh, Maddy." Luda Mae said. "I forgot to tell that the family came over for our Fourth of July family BBQ, also they want to get to meet the new member of the family. You've already met Chop Top." Luda Mae pointed at the pale one with the metal plate. "That, there is Tinker." The man with the claw waved. "And there's Alfredo." The one with the foggy eye giggled crazily. Luda Mae pulled Maddy to meet the rest of the family. She stopped in front of a twitchy man who looked a lot like Chop Top. "This is Nubbins, Chop Top's brother. Their older older brother, Drayton cares for them." An older man nodded hello. "Their grandfather is the patriarch of the family."

Luda Mae gestured the extremely old man who looked asleep. Another group of people looked at Maddy. A tall, blonde man stepped forward, shaking her hand.

"So this is the girl that Thomas wouldn't stop crying about." The man said, Maddy looks over to Thomas who had his head hung low, blushing madly. "Pleasure to meet someone as pretty as you." He said with a deep, southern accent. "The name's Tex."

Maddy couldn't help but smile. She looked at Thomas to see he was growling, looking a little jealous. She gace him a tender smile & turning back to Tex. Thomas softened as he knew Maddy wouldn't leave him for Tex.