Chapter 18 ~ The Flu

Thomas Hewitt

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy

Dedicate @Canztarella

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

Maddy's POV.

Just another average day. It was the beginning of April, thick blankets covered the sky in dark angry clouds. Rain began to pour over the dry countryside of Texas. Everyone was sitting in the living room, Luda Mae sat in her rocking chair, knitting away the sweater she was going to give to her grandchild...before my...tragic miscarriage. Uncle Hoyte and Uncle Monty were sprawled over the couch, their snoring echoed throughout the quiet house. Thomas sat on the ground while I sat on his lap, watching a movie on the small tv. It was the old fashion Cowboys and Indian movies that Thomas really enjoyed as he snuggled closer to me. Feeling his strong jawline against the nape of my neck, causing me to giggle. I noticed the look in Luda Mae's eye. She was relieved to see us happy again. I am too.

In the middle of the movie, I had the urge to eat something. "I'm going to make something to eat, hun," I said, Thomas nodded his head, letting go of me as I walked herself in the kitchen. I wore a white sweater with black stripes underneath a light washed denim jean overall.

Opening up the fridge, I reached over for the orange juice, but I was not craving orange juice

Opening up the fridge, I reached over for the orange juice, but I was not craving orange juice. My eyes traveled down to the leftover "chicken" (not really chicken) we ate last night. My stomach growled as I felt a pool saliva in my mouth. I grabbed the chicken wrapped in tinfoil along with the jar of peanut butter.

Walking over to the stove, I began cooking the chicken as it sizzled against the burning frying pan. As the smell of cooked chicken enters my nose I grabbed a spoon full of peanut butter and shoved it into my mouth, taking in the sweet, creamy flavor. After the chicken was done, I brought it over to the kitchen, sat done and began to devoured the food. I had need been this hungry in my life. I don't know why I suddenly became so hungry, but after I was about to start on my third chicken I stopped.