Chapter 6 ~ Horrible Memories in Flordia

Thomas Hewitt

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

Maddy's POV.

My head was spinning as I saw a bright light through the darkness that surrounded me. Slowly opening my eyes as I felt myself crawling back into reality I saw that I was in a COMPLETELY new area. It was normal bedroom with a white dresser with tiny pink & purple flowers on it; a wooden desk with a small vest of fleshly cut flowers, an open closet, white laced curtains that floated with the open window leading in the fresh morning summer breeze. The bed frame was all white, & the bedsheets were a light blue color with tiny flowers of all colors covering the bedding.

I slowly sat up, but a sharp pain ran up my spin to my head. I hissed at the pain, hanging my head to my knees. Memories of what happened flooded my brain. Everyone being slaughtered, Tiffany being chopped alive before my ever eyes, & then a man. The man was about to kill me, but stopped as he stared deeply into my eyes. No. He was just a man. He was the man, the BOY I knew long ago. That man was Thomas. "Thomas." I said out loud when the door knob jiggled a bit, & the door fully opened as a large figure walked in.

Thomas walked in with something in his hands. I stared at him without saying a word as he pulled up a chair, set it right next to the bed. He held out a loaf of bread & a glass of water in front of me. I gently took the food & cup away from him. My stomach grumbled loud enough for both of us to hear it. My face redden as I began stuffing my face with the bread. I devoured the loaf in a few minutes for I was starving to death. After I was done, I was about to saw something when the sharp pain returned to my head. I groaned & tucked my head between my legs, but I glanced up & saw Thomas holding 2 small white pills in his very large palm.

"I-Is that for...m-my headache?" I said, pointing to my head. Thomas nodded slowly. I took the pills from his hands, shoved it into my mouth, took a sipe of water, & swallowed them as I felt it going down my throat. I thanked him as I handed back the glass cup.

"Well look who's awake now?" A raspy voice said as I turned my attention to the door that was open wide, the Sherif was leaning against the door frame, Luda Mae was right next to him with teary eyes. She began walking up to me as tears were shedding down her cheeks. Thomas got up as he spared a spot for her as she sat down, took my hand into her own.

"My sweet flower...*sniff* is back from Florida." She said, I felt my eyes started to water. It kept building & building up inside of me like it was gonna explode. Luda Mae wrapped her arms around my body, & gave me a grizzly bear hug. I buried my face into her shoulders, & started sobbing. "We've missed you so much, dear."

"I missed you too." I mumbled into her gray cotton dress.

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

After a while of crying Luda Mae & I released each other from our hug. "What took ya so long to get here?" Hoyt said. My face dropped as I hung my head.

"Well..." I said twirling my thumbs. "I-It's kinda of a long story." I looked up to see Luda Mae, Hoyt, & even Thomas just standing there staring at me. Look like they aren't gonna go anywhere. I sighed heavily & began my story. "Well it happened 6 months after my parents & I got to Florida. It was raining, & we were driving to back from the movies when a car came out of nowhere, our car slipped, drove into the ditch, & crashed.

Later I woke-up to find myself in a hospital bed. The doctor said that I was VERY lucky to survive the crash, but..." I felt tears streaming down my face.

"But what, child?" Luda Mae said, whipping the tears from my face. I stared into her brown eyes as I burst out into tears.

"But not my parents." I buried my face between my knees as I cried hard into the sheets. I felt a pair of hands rubbing my back. Once I regained myself I continued the story. "Shortly after my parent's death I was sending into Foster Care. Or should I Foster Hell. I was fell into a deep depression, & no body wanted me...except them."

"Who, child?"

"Genie & Benie. My Foster parents." Shivers ran down my spin just thinking of them. "They never liked me nor loved me, they get paid to love me, but that wasn't the worst part. The worst part is when during the weekend Benie would get drunk & hit me. He would hit me, burn my skin, cut me, starve me whenever he felt like it. Genie didn't care as she let him do all shorts of nasty stuff to me. Genie hates me for being the prettier than her. As you can see..." I said lifting up the sleeved, showing them small faded scars on my arms, wrist, & forehead. "This is what they did to me for 13 years. I wanted to run away to come back to you guys, but I was afraid." I rolled the sleeves back down, covering all of my scars.

I peered up to see the shocked look of the Hewitts. Luda Mae had tears in her eyes, but still looked angry too. Uncle Monty & Hoyt looked as if they were already to kill the next person that came up to them, but the person who scared me the most was Thomas.

He had both fists clenched & it looked like he was grinding his teeth together. He was shaking with anger & rage. was pretty freaked out that he was gonna take it out on me. The look in his eyes said nothing but pure unadulterated hatred that was so fierce, I thought I could see a small flame brewing in his those brown eyes of his.

Suddenly I didn't expect for Luda Mae to jump from her seat & give me yet another grizzly bear hug, the tightest I have ever felt. I could feel something wet trickling on my shoulder. "Babydoll. You ain't gotta worry about them anymore, okay? You can back to us, & we ain't never gonna let anyone take you away from us. We Hewitts & Sawyers take care of their own ya hear. You're staying with us from now on. This is your new permit home now." Luda Mae said, smiled that same motherly smile that made me wanna cry out of happiness. Plus I haven't felt that motherly love is no long. She gave me a quick hug & turned to the boys who were still seething.

"Boys, you ain't gonna be angry no more, them no good people ain't gonna hurt your flower anymore, & also from now on this little angel will be Maddy Hewitt. Our new baby girl."

"Maddy Hewitt." I repeated that name over & over in my head. It had a nice ring to it. And that was gonna be my new permanent name.